To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

December 31, 2013

Goodbye 2013

New Year's has never been a big holiday in our family. Heck, I don't even stay up until midnight. It's just not our thing. With that being said though, I'm excited for 2014 and to see all of the blessings it will bring. I'm not one to obsess over resolutions, but I do try and make lists of certain things to work on throughout the year. Some times they stick, and other times they don't. It's about being patient and truly trying your best and giving it your all.
Here is my list:
/ Read the Bible \
/ Go to Church, Regularly \
/ Be a More Godly Woman \
/ Spend More Time with Cadence \
/ Quit Cursing \
/ Don't be Quick to Anger \
/ Save Money \
/ Travel to a New Place \
/ Quit Smoking \
/ Don't be Quick to Judge \
/ Keep a Journal \
Whether or not I succeed in these, I am going to try. Smoking is a terrible habit and one I know I need to quit, but to be honest I'm not going to go cold turkey tomorrow, I will gradually quit. It's easy to say you're going to go to Church regularly, but just like the journal, you will keep up with it for the first month or two and then sleeping in on Sunday morning sure sounds nice...terrible, but trying is key! Never give up on being a better person.
With all of the positive energy being said, here is one last bitch rant for the year...why not?
Yesterday I could have got off work at noon, but a man said he was going to stop by to pick up some pieces he had ordered so I stayed, all freaking day until 5 for him to not show up at all. I was so mad!
//
I am sick and tired of every person, that know Tarl and I, ask if we are having more kids. Telling us we should. That we shouldn't wait too long. Only kids are this and only kids are that. I'm to the point to where I'm just going to punch them in the face. We are raising Cadence with the upmost respect. She is polite and will make plenty of friends in school and through out her life that if she doesn't have a sibling, I'm sure she will be okay. I feel like telling these same people that their kids are in dire need of a good spanking or time out. If it's God's will for more children in our future, then it will happen, if not we are perfectly content with the most beautiful girl in the world!
//
I hate when someone cancels plans. It drives me nuts. If I take the time to arrange my schedule, then you should take the time to do the same. I get that things happen and plans change, but when it happens 9 out of 10 times with the same person, you have to start questioning why.
//
People who blast their music, need to drive off a cliff. It drives me batshit crazy. Picture it, Savannah, last weekend, guy in his 1998 Prelude blasting some rap music that I can't even begin to comprehend or sing along with. I politely blasted Jake Owen's, "Anywhere With You". Guy in the Prelude, you can suck it!
//
Our BBQ place in town is only open Thursday - Saturday, however I love their food. They piss me off though. Your food is delish, but we can only eat it on certain days...bullshit you temptress!
//
Tarl wanted to watch The Walking Dead series. I explained to him that I only like to watch shows like that once they are completely done, this way I don't have to wait a week, or season for the next episode or for it to come out on DVD. Well my wonderful husband decided to go out and by the first season, just assuming we wouldn't get into the show. I'm the dumbass who watched it with him. Needless to say we are on the last DVD of season 3, and season 4 just started on AMC in October...they also got renewed for a 5th season. This patience thing is a real bitch!
//
Didn't I say I was going to try and quit cursing? Wow, tomorrow is the New Year, so I'll just wait until then. Easier said than done, for sure!
I'm taking a New Years blogging break until Monday. It will be my first blog post of 2014.
See you then.


No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger