To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

December 12, 2013

Cheers to a New Year (April, May and June)



Peach State of Mind

Hey lovelies, we're back this week to recap April, May and June!
This is when South Carolina really starts to warm up and we can start enjoying those river days with the warm sun, some fishing, and enjoying that glorious natural brown tan.










In May my family and my sisters family road tripped it to Valdosta, GA. We went to Wild Adventures and had a blast!



If you keep up with me on Instagram, then you can recap our trip there.

We also celebrated Mother's Day and Father's Day. Having a little one makes it so special. To see her with our parents, it's such a great feeling!




Tarl (the hubs) surprised me with a trip to the Westin on the Savannah Harbor. I've always wanted to stay there, and on a whim he booked a room and surprised me all weekend long. This was such a fun weekend and right here at home.





Once we parked, we didn't have to get back in our vehicle to go anywhere. The Westin has a boat that takes you from their hotel to riverstreet, which you can see in the picture above, right across the water.

We had such an amazing summer!

What all did you do? Link up and do tell!






2 comments

  1. Hey Miranda! Dropping in from the link up...So glad you're hosting this fun party!
    What a fun family get away! Looking at all those sun bathing highlights are making me so jealous! It's 0 degrees up here in Indiana! Uhg..is it summer yet?!
    Happy Thursday, Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. road tripping with kids is intense! But love pictures look like so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger