To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

December 9, 2013

Scenes from the Weekend


Cadence's 5th birthday party went great. We had a great turn out and she had a fun time. This year's theme was decided on a Winter Wonderland with gold and pink instead of blue and silver. I try to hand make most of the décor to save on money.

The ice bucket was purchased for $1 (Dollar Tree) along with the silver frame and I just printed off the print online for free. The silver and gold paper straws were purchased from Target for $3.


The white tree along with the pink décor was purchased from a local store for just $10 for everything! The large snowflake hanging in front of the door was also a dollar store find, along with all of the table cloths.


The sign I handmade with cardstock and free online printables, I cut them out, stringed them with gold ribbon and tied a snowflake at each end. Snowflakes also found for $1 for a pack of 6.



By far the biggest hit of the party was the bounce house. It was unlike any bounce house we have ever seen, as it was completely round on the inside and the horses were the slide!



The balloons I also found for $1 and I splurged and bought a helium tank for $20. I had 24 balloons to fill and every local place cost $1 to fill them, too much for this mom, when I can do them myself without the hassle of loading them in my car, for less! In the comfort of my own home, in my PJs!


Chili bar, and another printable found online.


A local baker did a fabulous job on her cake!


The gold tree, along with the gold animal print ornaments we bought from Pier 1.
Everything else was purchased for $1, and here's a tip, rolling your plastic ware like below is so much easier for your guests. They can just grab a roll with a napkin, fork, spoon, etc...it's easier for them and much prettier in my opinion.



This is the gingerbread house Cadence and I made a couple nights before, it served as beautiful décor for the table.


We had bought a beautiful pink dress for Cadence to wear, along with a boutique bow I purchased off Etsy, and her pink flats. It turned out to be 80 degrees that day and way too warm to wear the dress, so we settled for comfy clothes!












*****

Olly has been up to some fun.

He brought us a gingerbread house, ate some of Cadence's cookies, hanging out on top of the tree, went for a hot air balloon ride, took Barbie for a horseback ride, and this morning went for a sleigh ride in some snow (purchased for $1 and so easy to clean up)!



What has your Elf been up to?

*****

We went to do some Christmas shopping on Sunday and the fog on top of the Savannah bridge was so thick you couldn't see downtown below. It was very eerie and I have never seen it like that before.



From this view you should be able to see a clear view of the river below.


From this view you should be able to see Riverstreet and all of downtown Savannah.



Ten more working days until I'm off for Christmas. I truly cannot wait!

 P.S. I'm a great gift guesser, and I knew once I saw the wrapped box that my husband had bought the boots I have been eyeing from Target. He was a sweetheart and spoiled me by letting me open them to wear before Christmas! They are real genuine leather and so comfy! Link to purchase here.


I fell in love with the tan color, but they also sell them in brown and black.






1 comment

  1. Her cake is simply adorable! Looks like she had so much fun. What a good mommy you are :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger