To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

December 5, 2013

Cheers to a New Year (January - March)


Peach State of Mind


What better way to welcome the Christmas season than reflecting on this past year and the wonderful memories made? Make sure you grab the button and link up and visit each of the lovely co-hosts (including moi) for "Cheers to a New Year"!
Just remember to link back to your hosts and blog hop around to make new friends. Also, keep in mind that if you didn't have a blog earlier this year, that's perfectly OK, you still have those memories to share, and we want to hear all about them.
Today's link up we are featuring January - March 2013, and here is what our little family was up to:
In January I had the privilege of being a stay at home mom. The hubs and I sat down and realized that although I was working, the money I was making was going to the sitter. It just made more since, at that time, for me to stay home with our daughter and spend some time with her. This was such an experience, and although short lived, I'm so happy I had the opportunity to do so. Maybe one day I will have the opportunity again, but unfortunately we live in a society where it takes two (if not more) incomes to pay the bills, so back to work for me I went and am so blessed to have found a great job with an equally great boss! I left my job right after the New Year and started my new job on March 4th. People don't realize that staying at home isn't like TV, unless you're a Beverly Hills housewife with an unlimited bank account and hired help. We didn't have money to go shopping daily, or see movies, day trips to the beach, heck no! We were broke, and a 10 minute trip down the road to visit my sister was a treat, however it was SO worth it!
February rolled around and this is where the hubs and I realized that me staying at home was more of a financial burden then what we had realized, but on the flip side Cadence had learned so much by staying home with me that we had no regrets. Two weeks into February I started a job hunt, and within one week had a phone call back, then two, then three! Three separate interviews in three separate towns and three separate job offers. I knew in my heart that where I am now is where I was meant to be. My boss and I clicked right away in the interview. He is a fellow gamecock fan, has a daughter my age so knew that we could get moody from time to time, so leave me be and let me get my work done. His wife is not only beautiful on the outside, but equally as lovely on the inside, it was meant to be and I've never been more happier at a place of work than I am here.
The hubs and I celebrated Valentine's Day with our little girl in tow, what a magical way to spend V-Day! She, of course, was decked out in pink, and we had a lovely dinner in downtown Savannah.
March came and my new job was starting soon. We knew we were about to have an extra income, and one that paid decent at that, so we celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary by giving Cadence a little surprise, Disney World! She had such an amazing time, as did we. We stayed on site and it was truly magical, unfortunately I took very little pictures of the trip, and the ones I did take are not on this computer, but I will tell you, if you can ever splurge on a vacation with your children, Disney World is the place to go! Even with the long lines and cramped spaces, they will never forget. Here we are in December, 9 months later, and Cadence still talks about all the memories she has of visiting.
March is a special month for us, not only because of our anniversary, but because the weather starts warming up here in South Carolina. It's still chilly enough to wear a sweat shirt, but warm enough to wear shorts (if that makes any sense). My little family enjoys the water, and we go to the riverside any opportunity we can.

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Dinner in Downtown Savannah - Cadence took this pic!


Disney World!


Days by the water...

We ended March by celebrating the resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, Easter!
Cadence of course got spoiled by the Easter Bunny as usual and the hubs really wanted a Yeti cooler!


Don't worry, a week after Easter I broke down and bought him a real one ;)



FYI - he still has the faux Yeti cooler at home!

Make sure you link up! Can't wait to hear all about it!



2 comments

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am so jealous that you live in Savannah. It is such a beautiful city. Thanks for hosting this fun linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up and co-hosting! I can't get over how much your little girl looks JUST like you! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger