To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

December 19, 2013

Cheers to a New Year (July, August, and September)


Peach State of Mind


In this installment of Cheers to the New Year, we're recapping July - September. To be honest, these are probably my least 3 favorite months of the year. I am all about holidays and vacations, and we do neither during these months. We normally vacation in either March or October, and the only holiday in this quarter is July 4th. South Carolina is extremely hot, muggy and humid, so this girl right here doesn't have good hair these months either, however, let me turn my debbie downer attitude around, because we still have a blast during the Summer here in Carolina, and here's what we did this year!
We enjoyed plenty of days and nights riverside! (If I posted all of the pics, this post would never end)

Cadence by no means does pageants, especially the glitz pageants on TV, their just not for us. However, she does do a coupe of local pageants in our area, and she won both!









Football began, both Gamecock and my nephews local highschool team! I had no voice for most of August!



Headed to the game...



We had fun at the Riverbanks Zoo in Columbia!





And we trespassed on a cotton field on the way home, I blame it on the photog coming out in me!



My monogramming spiked out of control at the end of August!


For reals, Cadence wore a shirt with her name on it all 3 of these months!

I went to visit my Aunt in St. Augustine in September. To say we had a blast, is an understatement, although my credit card is still on fire from the spending !


My final three and favorite months are getting recapped next week, don't forget to link up and tell us all about your Summer!







1 comment

  1. I'm loving all the monograms! You can never have to many! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger