To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

December 17, 2013

Tacky Sweaters Y'all



Tacky Sweater Christmas parties have become a huge hit as of recent. The past few years this phenomena has blew up and believe it or not I have never been to one, but this Saturday I will attend my first, and I'm kinda excited about it!
We went to a local thrift store this past weekend where I found a hideously gaudy black vest, fur lined around the neck, decorated with kitty cats and puppy dogs with their Santa hats on. I hot glued three mini stockings to the back of the vest with my family's names on them, and today at lunch I bought some jingle bells from the dollar store to glue those bad boys on when I get home.
The best dressed is going to get a small prize, but the real competition is going to be my sister and I. We are both head strong and stubborn women, so whether or not we win the prize, we just want to out do one another. Needless to say Pinterest has been my go to, have you seen some of those sweaters? The ideas are endless...
Christmas Tree DIY Costume.  Great alternative for an ugly Christmas sweater party
Headbands for the Ugly Sweater Party! Needing ideas for a FUN Ugly Christmas Sweater Party check out "The How to Party In An Ugly Christmas Sweater" at Amazon.com
Ugly Christmas Sweater DIY shoes - I took an old pair of shoes and sewed the bows on!
Ugly Christmas Sweater. OR, I'm thinking great in pink for Breast Cancer Awareness Month, all the marathons, mam techs, etc!!
Great alternative to an ugly christmas sweater
31 Ugly Christmas Sweater Ideas
All images via


No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger