To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

December 16, 2013

Olly's Been Busy

Showered With Design



Olly had a super busy weekend, and by far these last three days have been Cadence's most favorite!
This weekend, since Tarl was on call and we had all day to rest and relax, we let Olly do some super special things. On Day 21 he led Cadence on a scavenger hunt. I took time on Friday night to come up with some rhymes. If you have the time I encourage you to do this with your little one because she had such a blast doing this!
When she woke up she couldn't find Olly anywhere, just this note with a candy cane:
Cadence, I have a prize for you but to find it you must follow the clues!
Clue #1 - When you watch a movie I'm yummy to eat, but right now at Christmas I'm a caramel treat
Clue #2 - I'm a member of Santa's sleigh, but I'm the one that lights the way.
Clue #3 - On the mantle there hangs three, but I'm the only one marked with a T.
Clue #4 - I'm a cupcake but you can't eat me, because I'm the one that hangs on a tree.
Clue #5 - In here is where you mix and mix, and every so often y'all take the bowl and licks!
This is where Olly was hiding along with his very own monogrammed shirt and a note that read that Cadence could touch him just this once to dress him. I received so many facebook messages on where to get the shirt, and it's a FB page called Oh Sew Spoiled :)


On Day 22 Olly cooked us breakfast. This requires you to get up really early, especially if you have little ones that get up early, but well worth it. We made French Toast and used cookie cutters. We made a snowman out of little powdered sugar donuts and Olly was snuggled up next to
Mrs. Buttersworth! He left Cadence a cute little note!

 Today is my sweet girls 5th birthday, so we spent 30 minutes blowing up balloons and were so light headed by the time we were done, but to see her face this morning when she saw that Olly had brought all the balloons and a gift made her day! I went out and bought small dollar store gifts, she loved every single one of them as if it were something elaborate!

*****

I know without a doubt that this week is most likely going to drag ass! I am looking so forward to Christmas and have so much to do and planned for the up coming weekend that the work days are going to slowly go by. My mom and dad don't have the best health anymore, so they aren't able to go out and do Christmas shopping for everyone like they used to. They know how much I enjoy to shop, so for the past few years I've been their personal shopper.

Well I've yet to do their shopping for them, so it's getting done this weekend, along with our annual family Christmas party, tacky sweater edition! Then baking for a bake sale, and last minute gifts on my list. Bring on Friday!

xo




No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger