To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

December 30, 2013

Christmas Recap and Mani


Our Christmas was amazing. The only negative thing to say about it was that it went by way too quickly, but I guess that's what is so special about it. On Christmas Eve Tarl, Cadence and I did some last minute shopping and found this cheap snowman that you build and he melts, repeat steps one and two until your child is bored with it, which in this case, lasted six hours. We had some giggles with him though. It's basically a soft putty so it melts pretty quick.


See what I mean...


It's tradition in our home to open up one present on Christmas Eve. We do this as soon as we wake up. Cadence got Sand from Brookstone. It's real sand mixed with a few other ingredients, similar to play-doh, but it doesn't stick to your skin and is so easy to clean up. We love it just as much as she does!



We also hung out around the fire...in typical lowcountry fashion.



Christmas morning I opened up some sweet gifts from Tarl. My most favorite though was probably my Home T. You can find most any state here. The shirt is super soft too. I'm in love!





Santa brought her lots of toys, but her most favorite was sitting outside...





She got a lot of build a bear gift cards for Christmas, so the day after we let her go and get the newest member of our family, Diamond Princess.








*****

The moment I first saw this mani on pinterest I was smitten, I knew I had to replicate and this weekend I did just that with cheap nail polish that lasts until you remove it, Sinful Colors. You can find this at your local drug store for around $2. You'll need Snow me White and Gold Medal. For the gold sparkles I used Mariah Carey's O.P.I 2013 Holiday Collection color, All Sparkly and Gold.
Winter white with Gold.


It's not flawless, but I'm not a manicurist and it works for me! Perfect NYE manicure on a dime!

xo








1 comment

  1. What a sweet Christmas! Candace is just the cutest. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your home T! I've always wanted one :) Lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger