To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

December 26, 2013

Cheers to the New Year {Final Recap}


Peach State of Mind


Hey lovelies, this is the last installment in Cheers to the New Year.  I am most excited about this one because these are my three favorite months, October, November and December! I am the type of gal who likes to go and do and see, and these three months we are doing all three! If you missed the rest of the year, you can catch up with me here:

 October is my 2nd favorite month of the year! Fall has officially arrived, and so has cooler weather here in Carolina, along with boots, scarves and non-humid (good hair) days! I love Halloween and it's also my birthday month! I got some goodies this year!

For my birthday I just wanted a relaxing day target shooting, redneck? Maybe.
I got to target shoot in my new boots though, love them!


These boots are originally $100, right now they are on sale for $60!
You can find them here.


My boss and his wife gave me a lovely statement necklace along with a gift card, plus some very kind words, which doesn't get much better than that to me!


Halloween came and went. Cadence was a witch, isn't she just precious?


I went completely original and was a cat (sarcasm font people!)


Of course, you'd know that already if you follow me on Instagram, just sayin.

Thanksgiving arrived so quickly this year it seemed. A lot of family, friends and fun times around the fire! Lots of laugh and memories I will hold in my heart forever.


Then before I knew it, December was here and I was and still am so very happy about this month, my very favorite month of all of them. I just love Christmas time and everything that it embodies. The smells, sights, lights, that cheery feeling you have deep down in your soul. Just love it!

We also celebrated our most favorite of birthdays, Cadence's. She turned the big 5 this year!
We are beyond blessed to call her our daughter.




The husband spoiled me by letting me open up an early Christmas gift, another pair of boots that I've been eyeing! Link to buy here. Unfortunately these aren't on sale, but you do get free shipping!


Cadence met the big guy!


While y'all are reading this post, I'm most likely spending some QT with the fam, off work, thank you Jesus! Thank goodness for scheduled posts, right!

Please link up and have fun, can't wait to hear all about your Christmas!





No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger