To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

December 11, 2013

Randomness



For some reason random posts are some of the best, am I right?
Here goes...
I hear everyone and their mama talk about Trader Joe's. I read a dozen blogs a week that recap their TJ purchases...what in the hell is the fuss about? Charleston is 1 1/2 hours away from the Lowcountry, and when they opened a TJs all of my Chucktown friends posted about how happy they were, so next time we took a drive to Chuck we stopped by TJs...I just don't get it.
I watched the ACAs last night. What.A.Joke! I swear it could be such a great awards show, if they actually show the artists receiving them! They showed very few artists received their awards, and just commented every now and then on who had won what. Danica Patrick and Trace Adkins are not meant to be hosts. They're not funny, they have no swag, and it's just painful to watch, however there is one part I enjoyed about the ACAs, Jakey Jake performing Days of Gold...holla!
I did not manage to tune in to the VS Fashion Show last night, but I've seen pics and those lovely little ladies are as gorgeous and flawless as ever. For some reason I feel like I'm a pretty girl until I see those damn VS angels on the TV screen...oh well, I'll just go eat another Christmas cookie stashed in my drawer at work!
I will not give out any spoilers (just in case you have it on your DVR) but oh my word the Sons of Anarchy season finale last night! I truly could not believe what I saw. Honestly though, I was so very upset with how it ended, and am not sure if I will continue to watch upcoming seasons. To me, a good finale is one that ends on a high note, but you still want to tune in next season to see what happens, well I have no freaking clue what's going to happen, nor do I want to at this point. That's all I'm going to say!
I feel like I'm in a major hair rut right now. I either wear my hair straight or curly. I normally do side swept bangs, but those have grown out and are at such a horrible stage right now that I don't know what to do! I don't want to cut my hair, but I just feel bleh...you know what I'm saying?
This is me and Tarl about every other night, as I'm sure most parents out there...
I hate FB businesses that don't comment back until too late! I mean c'mon! Super cute leggings were on sale last night on a super cute boutique page. Their status said to comment with your email and what color leggings you would like. Well howdy do, I'll take one in black and one in gray, here's my email. Suffice to say I didn't receive an invoice. So this morning I went back to their page and checked  and what do you know... they are sold out of two colors, guess which ones, yep, you guessed it, black and gray! I was one of the first people who commented too, which has this white girl going crazy right about now. #pissed
Speaking of purchases though, is it terrible I spent $5 and ordered our Elf on the Shelf a monogrammed shirt? I mean how sick can one person be to order your EOTS a monogrammed shirt? This girl right here, and apparently southern women all across the south because the lady selling them had to tell people she was done accepting orders because she had gotten so many...I will tell you though, I've seen a picture and they are beyond adorbs!
Does anyone else watch Vanderpump Rules? It's my new favorite guilty pleasure! I must say I love Scheana, she is who she is and doesn't care. I don't think she wants to be Stassi's friend just to be her friend, she just wants to be her friend so Stassi won't bully her, for lack of better words. I think Stassi treats Jax like shit. I don't condone cheating, but you almost can't blame the guy. Tom, also a cheater, but just so darn cute. I feel for Kristen though. Five years is a long time to be with someone, you love them so much and wham, you lose five years of trust in a mistake someone made due to poor judgment. I hope they work it out. I cannot stand Katie's hair, I thought blonde was the color to have in Beverly Hills, not orange! On a side note, I want Scheana's hair, I wouldn't have that hair problem then would I?!
It feels like today should be Thursday, not Wednesday. I am looking so forward to Christmas, and the break from work, that the days are d.r.a.g.g.i.n.g.
Not sure about the timing, but I'm feeling a new blog design. The stache, although cute, is old news to me...what do you think?


2 comments

  1. I love this post i laughed so much! I am also in a hair rut, I hate those. I really want a new blog design too but have no idea how to do it myself and cannot convince myself to spend the money on one. #blogworldproblems

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally in a hair rut too. My roots have grown out what seems to be five inches! LAME. Totally support a new blog design! I did it and it feels soooooooo good :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger