To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

February 3, 2014

weekend



I didn't watch the superbowl, but from what I've heard I didn't miss much. The commercials are the biggest part, am I right? Thanks to good ole Youtube I can watch them without sitting through a crap ball game.

Here is my all time favorite from last night:


//
My aunt from Florida made a very spontaneous impromptu visit on Saturday and stayed just one night to spend some time with us. It was time well spent, and although just one day we all had a blast together. We stayed up late playing cards and did the same the following morning. She lives in Jacksonville/St. Augustine, so I'm hoping the husband will surprise me with a visit to her (just adults) for our anniversary. Let's face it, every parent can use some down time, it truly refreshes us. Plus I can use some warm and sunshine!
//
My parents and myself played a round of cards last night. Just the three of us. Although is sounds like nothing special, it truly was magical. My parents, although we spend time together, rarely do things like this with just me, without anyone else around. It was such a fun moment. Made me feel like a kid again living at home.
//
We had a family date night on Friday. I adore Olive Garden and Tarl doesn't like it all that much, so it was a delicious treat for me and Cadence, who loves those breadsticks!
//
As usual the weekend went by in a flash and here I am on another Monday. 
Here's to a good work week...

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger