To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

February 21, 2014

Five on Friday

I'm linking up with all of the ladies today for Five on Friday! If you want to link up, click here.





one.


My sweet husband is still out of town working and Cadence and I miss him horribly. Hopefully he will get to come home to his girls today and we are beyond ready to see his face and give him a big hug. As I've stated before I have such respect for a single parent because it's tough work doing it all on your own.


two.


I'm currently munching on some Chick-fil-A chicken mini's for breakfast...yum! Every now and then I have some extra time to stop by before work and it just so happens I did this morning. These little babies are so delicious!


three.


I saw this floating around on Pinterest and for some reason it truly made me laugh out loud and not a lot does that. We can type lol all day long, but let's face it, how often do we truly lol?


I just think this is so true!




four.


This morning on GroopDealz are these precious monogrammed tortoise sunnies for only $11.99...I think I'm going to buy them! They are beyond cute and they're monogrammed, it doesn't get much better than that!

Buy Here

five.

It's Friday and I am beyond thrilled to that fact! I cannot wait until quitting time to go pick up my girl from the sitter and start our weekend!


P.S. I normally don't want Keeping Up With the Kardashians, but last night I was bored and caught the episode where Kanye proposed. I cannot stand Kanye, especially after his Taylor Swift stunt, but for some reason he seemed so sincere and sweet on this episode. Then again it is "reality" TV...thoughts?

6 comments

  1. Ah those sunglasses are so adorable!
    xo A Southern Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed the laugh from the picture, too cute! And I am loving those sunglasses!

    BTW, I just grabbed your button!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE those sunglasses, just tried to get them, it says they're sold out :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. i HATE kanye west also.. so much.. especially with all of these crazy things he has been saying in the media in the past months. That episode did seem sweet, WAY over the top, but you're right, it IS reality tv--aka scripted tv!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! I'm stopping by from the link up. I truly laughed out loud of that picture with the dog. So funny! I love those sunnies too - I think Marley Lilly had some similar since those are sold out now...did you buy the last pair? ;)

    Have a great weekend,
    Katelyn
    http://realhousewifeofgreenville.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello from the link up! Hope the time passes quickly until your hubby is back home with you! When my husband is away for work, those are the LONGEST days ever anticipating his homecoming! Hope your reunion is a sweet one :) Mmm...chickfila is always a good idea! I could go for some right about now ;) Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger