To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

February 13, 2014

currently





I'm dreaming of warmer weather. I used to not mind the cold so much, but this freezing rain and slick roads makes for power outages and a lot of traffic accidents...not my idea of good weather. I'm beyond ready for Spring and the sunshine. Which reminds me, there is still one day left to link up for Sunshine on My Mind {A Summer Vacation Link Up}...remember, you don't have to have a vacation planned to link up!

Life in the Lowcountry

//

I ordered Brandi Glanville's new book, Drinking and Dating, for my Kindle for iPhone and I'm almost done with it. I'm not a huge fan of her by any means of the word, but I do appreciate her honesty and how real she is. Her first book was great, and this one is turning out to be equally as good. It's for sure worth the $12, plus it has a lot of juicy details.

//

Valentine's Day is tomorrow. Like I've said before, it's not a huge deal in my household. Of course I'd love my husband to parade around with dozens of pink roses, cakes, cards, and chocolates, but he's just not that type of guy. However, he did give me an early V-day card yesterday and it was full of sweetness. He also got Cadence her own little card, and Disney's Peter Pan that we all watched together. (maybe he's getting better about this holiday)

//

Tarl and I are due for a romantic weekend getaway, and he and I both have a mutual love for
St. Augustine and Jacksonville, FL. We adore all of the shopping and attractions that Jacksonville offers, but we also love to take the short drive to St. Augustine to enjoy the rich history, sites and tastes. Our favorite is Harry's Seafood, right on the bay. Their clam chowder is out of this world, and their restaurant is also haunted, although nothing has ever happened while we were there.

Next weekend we have planned to visit and to say I am excited is an understatement. I pray it's warm and full of sunshine while we are there!

//

Tomorrow is Friday, and to be completely honest, right now I just don't care. This week has not been a good one. As soon as I get rid of my head cold, I start having womanly issues...gotta love them (insert sarcasm here!). So today I had an appointment with my "woman" doc...lovely, just lovely. My husbands work (although I will not divulge all the details of our lives) requires him to be away at times, and this week is one of those times, so it's been Cadence and I. I love my little girl, but our family is just not complete without daddy. I definitely have an appreciation for military spouses, I do not know how you all do it...two days has been terrible for us. She misses her dads hugs, and so do I.

//

I've recently began watching Pretty Little Liars and holy cow I have been missing out all of these years. To say I'm now addicted to this show is an understatement. If you have seen the series, I do not want any details...I'm just about finished with Season One, and wow! That's all I can say!



Stay warm y'all!



2 comments

  1. Pretty Little Liars is addicting! I love that darn show! I hope your week gets better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because I love your blog so much, I nominated you for a Liebster Award. To check it out, visit peachstateofmindleh.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger