To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

February 25, 2014

Posts with Substance & Some Inspiration

Today I'm linking up with some lovely gals for Tuesday Tea, join the fun here.



As of recent some of the blogs that I have followed for years (even when I didn't blog) have been so standard and dull. It seems all they post about are clothes, jewelry, etc. What happened to your life? That's why I followed you to begin with, because you posted the happenings of your daily life and it was authentic. I enjoy reading about everyone's real lives. What's really going on? Don't sugar coat it because then it makes me feel like I'm not the normal one.

Did your kid pee on you last night? Do tell. Are you and your husband in desperate need of some alone time? I want to read all about it. Are you going through a hard time? Ask for prayers, because they do work!

Don't get me wrong, I love seeing that Kate Spade satchel you just bought, but when all you post are new purchases, how to do your makeup, and the newest sale, well it just gets boring to me. Maybe this is just me though, no? Then again this isn't a fashion blog, so maybe that's the case.

Sure I want to hear about your purchases, but not every.single.post.

Either way, I thoroughly enjoy posts with substance. Posts that are real and those are the blogs that I love and follow and read.

Here are some inspirational quotes that I have found on Pinterest and wanted to share with you.


I have always really liked this quote

la la loving imagination

Oh, yeah x

find joy in the ordinary

Happy Tuesday friends.




7 comments

  1. I absolutely agree!! Most every blog I followed initially was simply day-to-day down to earth happenings and I even follow mostly mommy-blogs even though I don't have kids! I love a good, as you put it, 'authentic read' !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more Miranda! I have so many funny stories of being a mom, 30 year old and wife that I really need to get back to writing those things out and sharing it! Love your quotes, thank you for joining us today! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for linking up with us, Miranda! And I totally hear you. Ever since I tried hunkering down on a focus for my blog (fun Etsy finds, home decor, etc.) I have found myself NOT really posting too much about my day-to-day. But I really need to do a better job at that. I'd hate for people to get bored and not want to read! So for me, your post was some helpful advice! Thank you!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could not agree more! I started blogging sort of for a place to vent and keep it real and fully intend to keep doing that! Another reason why I love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree completely! I really like seeing the day to day stuff...it's much more relatable in my eyes!

    Anne
    www.lovethehereandnow.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen! When I see the intro to blogs like these in my feed or inbox I hit the delete button or choose to ignore them... Give me real content!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I completely agree. That's what keeps me coming back to a blog.
    www.wearflowersinyourhair.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger