To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

February 19, 2014

Currently {hashtags}

Good morning lovelies...I hope that you are having a happy Wednesday so far. The sunshine is out and it's a warm 75 degrees outside. I have on a white sleeveless button down shirt, along with my garnet colored skinnies and black flats. #GamecockRepresent

To be wearing a sleeveless shirt and not be freezing at the same time makes me one happy girl. Cadence was also happy to be wearing shorts and a t-shirt today. My kid loves summer clothes, as do I!

//

I also ventured out (with lots of help from blog friends) and made a blog button for this little ole' blog of mine. So feel free to share the love and I'll do the same. #BlogSwap


Life in the Lowcountry


//

I had a few spare minutes before work this morning so I went into the local Walgreen's with new lipstick on my mind, but came out with a new nail polish instead. I had my hand on Essie's ballet slippers (because it truly is the perfect neutral regardless of the season!) but came out with fiji instead. It is the perfect pink for Spring and Summer, and "weather" or not those seasons are here yet, I could care less. #DareDevil


Also, ignore the paint job...I'm no good at painting my own nails. #NeedAMani

//

If I've said it before, I'll say it again, I am dreaming of white sandy beaches and my bikini. Not trying to sound like a spoiled brat, but normally we vacation in October and March and we have not done either this past October and not one thing planned for March. I may just have to make plans and tell the husband to tag a long. #GirlsGottaDo #WhatAGirlsGottaDo

I'm thinking of Myrtle Beach, Fripp Island, Jacksonville, but a cruise is never out of the question. They truly are a #BangForYourBuck...the food, fun and different locations all rolled into one vacation package. #score

//

I think this weekend I'm hitting up my local Target and mall to add on to my summer clothes, especially summer/work clothes. There are only so many times I can wear pink skinnies, with my nude pumps and white blouse before it becomes redundant. Off to search #Pinterest #SwipeTheCreditCard



2 comments

  1. Ballet Slippers is one of my favorite nail polish colors!

    Sarah
    aroseinthecity0.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pink skinnies and nude pumps is basically my uniform when it comes to spring ;-). Love that Essie color so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger