To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

February 24, 2014

weekend

Dateless in Dallas

This weekend was some great catch up for my family of three. Tarl finally came home and we spent some much needed quality time together, starting with breakfast on Saturday at Cracker Barrel...you just can't beat those biscuits! It turned out to be a beautiful sunny day so we took a drive out to Fort Pulaski in Tybee Island, Georgia to be a "local tourist" and take in the sights.















A true southern belle knows how to fan properly...just like this!



My mom got out of the hospital yesterday, praise the Lord! On Saturday though, after our trip to the fort, we drove out to the hospital and visited her. She was doing so well and we are beyond blessed that she is better. Cadence, in typical five year old fashion, managed to make a hospital fun. She loved looking out the huge windows...love that kid!


After the hospital visit we went to our local mall. Cadence was a little concerned about the bear, but still managed a pose for the picture. I also went to Target and picked up the most perfect Spring dress and the cutest workout outfit you ever did see. See the workout clothes below and I'm going to wait until I can wear the dress (warmer weather) to show it to y'all.




I love the green and love that if I'm running, no one's going to miss me or hit me because it's so neon it's hard to miss. 

Once we got home we all snuggled and watched The Jungle Book, even Hector the cat.


I just love this picture of the two of them, snuggled up, watching the movie, eating their ice cream cones at the same time. This is my Heaven...I'm beyond blessed to have them in my life.




1 comment

  1. I'm so happy to read that your mother is out of the hospital! And it's really funny, but my husband lives a few blocks away from Fort Ontario and it looks quite similar to the fort that you explored! Where are those workout pants from? Super cute - I love lime green I have the lime Free Runs. I hope that you have a great rest of your week! xo

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger