To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

February 18, 2014

When it rains, it pours!

To say that the past two weeks have been tough, is an understatement. I'm not one to be a pessimistic person, but I can't help but to vent, hey, it's what we as women do, right?

It all started last Wednesday when my husband had to leave town to work, well needless to say, he is still out of town working and his work doesn't determine when he gets to come home until the day of, so it's not like we have a countdown as to when he gets to come home, which makes it worse.

To ease the time of Tarl being gone, Cadence and I decided to stay with my parents and spend some quality time with them. Wouldn't you know, that the day we arrive to spend time with my parents, my mom ends up going in the hospital with breathing difficulties. She is still in the hospital, but as of now, stable and getting some much needed rest.

To add insult to injury my sweet girl got sick. So essentially I am a single mom, whose mom is in the hospital, with a sick little girl myself. It's not been fun and my stress levels have been through the roof!

Cadence is now doing better (Praise the Lord!) so that has made it a bit easier on me, but I definitely have a new level of respect for all single parents out there. It's unbelievably hard and lonely not having your significant other there. Luckily we live in a world of FaceTime so I atleast get to see his sweet face!

Cadence and I also got to spend some time on the farm, and that is always a good time. She loves her little baby chickens.




With an empty bed, I had to find a new snuggle buddy :)


We did do some spring clothes shopping for Cadence. Gymboree has some of the cutest outfits right now for warmer weather, and when Cadence found this floppy hat, we had to find an outfit that went along with it, shoes included!

(Her new floppy hat and flip flops)



We also got the bathing suit and outfit to match :)

Anchor Striped Rash Guard Set
Anchor Striped Bathing Suit


Boatneck Anchor Stripe Tee
Boat Neck Anchor Striped Tee


...and naturally, we got the hot pink pants to match. I can't wait to see her in this nautical themed outfit!

Anyways, I'm off to huddle in a corner and pray for the health of my mom and child, and the safe return of my husband...xo



3 comments

  1. Praying that things get better! Cadence is absolutely beautiful, I can't wait to see summer pictures in her new clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that bathing suit and am going to buy it for my little girl right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to swing by Gymboree and get those adorable outfits for my little lady! I hope your mom and Cadence both get better and your hubs gets home soon. That's tough stuff and sending you prayers!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger