To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

February 10, 2014

Weekend Recap





This weekend was so much fun. We stuck around our little town, played with our little bitties, and even visited a small farm that we have in the area. We caught a bunny and y'all this was the highlight of our weekend! Cadence and I went grocery shopping (fun fun...insert sarcasm font here!).
Mickey Mouse was actually at the entrance to Publix for customer appreciation day. Cadence told me that Mickey had come all the way from Disney World to see her and let him know he'd see her soon. I went with that, I didn't have the heart to tell her it was a Publix employee greeting all children :)



  






About four times a month during warmer weather we head to our local landing and spend time, do some crabbing and fishing. Well I told Tarl even with the cold we're going there this weekend. I needed my river fix, and that is where I captured this, with my iPhone camera and there is no filter...how amazingly beautiful is this view?!


How was your weekend?

P.S. Don't forget to linkup with Lauren and I this week for Sunshine on My Mind!


Life in the Lowcountry






1 comment

  1. Looks like a fun weekend with lots of cute fuzzy animals! Cadence really needs a pet bunny :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger