To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

February 21, 2014

Next Up...

I have a goal to become a better blogger. I absolutely adore writing and sometimes I feel like my posts are less than lackluster. To be honest, I just haven't been in the blogging mood this week and I plan on changing that.

I am one to celebrate holidays for months prior to their arrival and as soon as one holiday is over I'm on to the next. I find all of my cute decorations at, believe it or not, Dollar Tree. I can take items for $1 and turn them into something that you'd see at Target for $30. With Valentine's past, we're on to Easter (I'm not big on St. Patty's Day) and during lunch time today I went and bought some of the cutest little decorations to adorn our home with this weekend, so next week you're going to hear all about it, along with the pictures. 

I know I have been saying for a while now that I am going to post the purchases that I made from ThredUp but I'm a believer that clothing pictures look better on an actual person, than on a hanger. All of the purchases I made (read the original post here) are for warm weather, and unfortunately it's not warm enough to bring out those dresses. I promise I will post pics as soon as I have the opportunity to wear them!

On a completely different note I woke up this morning and curled my hair with my wand, only to realize that the humidity was so high today, that it got frizzy as soon as I stepped out the door. It literally looked like I had not even ran a comb through my hair this morning, all I can do about it is laugh, and snapchat friends who understand about hair probs!


Speaking of hair, I'm in a hair rut! I have had swide swept bangs for as long as I can remember and I'm currently letting them grow out, but I feel like I have the same look daily and I'm getting sick of it, so I'm thinking of some front layers, like Aria Montgomery Lucy Hale. It's obvious my hair would not look this great, but it's the look I'm hoping to attain, thoughts?

Love cut and color


It's been months and months (other than my ThredUp purchase) since I have gone shopping for myself. If you're a mom, than most likely you understand why, but if not let me explain, kids clothes are just cuter! It's as simple as that. The new anchor outfit that I just bought for Cadence...well Gymboree doesn't sell it in my size...damn you Gymboree!


So essentially I'd rather drop the cash on cute clothes for Cade's, rather than myself...I have a feeling this paycheck is going to be a little bit different because I need some warm weather clothes, especially after the green crayon incident. (FYI - if you're new to this ole blog of mine, trust me it's worth a read!) Obviously, Pinterest is swoon worthy for fashion, but I'd say 50% of the time the picture link doesn't work and the other half are completely un-affordable on my budget, but I take the pictures and hit up Target and other retail stores to replicate the look for less #win!



Simple Summer

Turquoise!!! | elfsacks

Love this, with black sandals...perf!

Nothing But Trouble Blouse-Seafoam... I know I pinned this in white... but I really really like this color soooo much more!  Especially for summer with an excellent bronze tan!!  ;)
This precious top is from the Red Dress Boutique, they are currently out, but I still wanted to give you the source because I am obsessed with all of their clothes!
seahorse shorts

Nothin' better than a Carolina Girl: Photo

nautical, comfy, and cute

Preppy + Polished


Lastly, I have been absolutely smitten with the thought of turning our spare bedroom, into a serene place to go into and read, post on the blog, or just take a nap, and as soon as I saw this I just couldn't imagine anything else in that room. I mean what's better than a pink couch, with gold pillows?

gold chevron patterns and light pink!  Perfect for a girls room or hang out room!

Have a great weekend lovelies!





1 comment

  1. OMG I love your fashion choices from Pintrest, especially the light blue shorts. So cute. I actually think the COLOR of Lucy's hair would look great on you. You always have beautiful eyes girl.

    I hope you have a great weekend babe, xo!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger