To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

February 20, 2014

Currently


The Grits Blog


Today I'm linking up with Hima Hearts & The Grits Blog for my first "Little Friday" link-up!

//

With the warmer weather we are enjoying warm weather clothes, and Cadence sure does love her new nautical outfit, along with the matching anchor bow!


//

As I have said several times I am in vacation mode, just stuck at the office. Here are the vacations that we are currently tossing around, so feedback is very much appreciated:

Myrtle Beach

/or/

Royal Caribbean Cruise to the Bahamas

Thoughts?

//

We are getting things prepared for Cadence to start school this year. I truly cannot believe that I have a child old enough for Kindergarten! Where does the time go?

Cadence loves anchors as much as me, so we're obsessing over this lunch/backpack combo and I'm already in talks with the Etsy shop owner to get this backpack in pink (because you know it's going to be pink!)

Personalized Anchor and Name Monogrammed Backpack and Lunchbox Set - Trendy Nautical Solid Color School Girls Bookbag kids childrens
By: SomethingYouGifts on Etsy

I would have had this when I was in school, but we had to have plain mesh or clear backpacks...ick!

//

I'm in a skirt and my stilettos today. It's about time! As soon as I knew the weather was going to be a warm, sunny, 80 degrees, I tossed my leggings and boots for a pencil skirt and nude pumps and it feels oh so good!


I'm beyond ready for Friday, you?




1 comment

  1. Love Candace's little anchor outfit! So precious! :) I would have totally had that backpack too. Thanks for linking up with us at the Little Friday Linkup!

    xo, Hima
    Hima Hearts

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger