To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

February 27, 2014

Throwback

Today I'm linking up with Ashley for Throwback Thursday.

athousandwords

If you're a mom then you know all about those bittersweet moments and memories. There are days when they are young and all you can think about are the days when you will no longer have to change a diaper, have a full conversation with them, and the day when they can make their own juice or open their own yogurt cup.

What you don't realize is that those days come a lot sooner than you think. I know that everyone says to cherish the time that you have with your children, because it goes by in the blink of an eye. Well I'm here to tell you, it truly does. Cadence is five years old. She and I now have full blown conversations, and I so miss those days of trying to understand what she was trying to say. She can fill her own juice cup with ice and water, and I often miss her asking me for help. Although I don't miss the diaper changes, I do miss the yucky faces she would make when I was changing one of her stinkies...it was so darn cute!

One of my favorite ages was when Cadence was two. She was really starting to speak words and put together sentences, and her voice was the sweetest little toddler voice you ever did hear. She was such a silly and playful child (not much has changed on this part). 

I just wanted to share some pictures of her when she was two.




I have learned to take in every sweet moment that I can with her now, because I know it won't be long we will be looking for prom dresses and picking out class rings. 

xo



1 comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger