To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

February 28, 2014

Friday Five

I'm linking up with the ladies today for Five on Friday. Join in here.


//

Tomorrow, Tarl and I will celebrate six years of marriage, however we have been together for almost 12 years. Wow! Where does the time go? Instead of sharing wedding pics, I wanted to share pics of our first trip together with just the two of us, Myrtle Beach. We had such a great time back when we were just two kids scraping pennies and dimes to go away for the weekend. I will never forget this trip!








It's beyond obvious that my taste in hair has changed...praise the Lord, but what a great time we had!

//

Last night Cadence had her second T-Ball practice. My girl sure does love to run the bases, that is by far her most favorite thing about this sport. As soon as we arrive she asks her coaches if she can run the bases, and before she leaves she does the same. I'm so happy that she is enjoying this activity. 

The sky last night was beyond amazing. Pinks, blues, purples and oranges looming over a baseball field. It just doesn't get more American than that. No filter, look how beautiful!

//


//

Keeping it real today by hopefully getting some advice from some of you ladies. I have recently started on birth control (pill). I've had the IUD forever, and had to have it removed because my "time was up" for it. Instead of getting another one put in, I decided on the pill because I'm a chicken shit and the IUD hurts like a mother when they put it in. (remember, I'm keeping it real) My husband and I also don't like how permanent the IUD is. If we ever wanted to try for another child, I have to make an appointment to have it removed and then wait three months to offset the chance of twins...too long, so the pill it was. 

Well this pill has made me exhausted and sometimes nauseous. I've only been on it for three days, but it's been a rough three days. I spoke with my doctor this morning and she said it's completely normal because my hormones are going cray cray right now and they have to get regulated. She said it could take up to a month until I'm back to normal again...ugh!

My question to you ladies is, did you go through something similar? If so, how long did it take and did you stick to it? Help!

//

I purchased a yoga DVD about a month ago and have only used it once and didn't even do the entire workout. You may now call me a lazy ass. Well this weekend I'm determined to get my butt in gear. I only want to lose about 5 pounds, which would put me at 120 (pre-pregnancy weight) but my goal is to tone up. I want to get my butt tight, legs tight and abs to show...bring on the yoga! There are four different workouts, and I think I'm going to do four workouts in a row Sunday - Thursday and take off the weekends...thoughts?

//

It's Friday, say it with me...it's F-R-I-D-A-Y!

Woo-hoo!


No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger