To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

April 25, 2014

Friday Five

I'm not even going to sugar coat it, I'm so glad to be saying adios to this week.  It wasn't bad or even long, just a "bleh" week if you catch my drift. Clients on the phone have been obnoxious and it's part of my job to smile and apologize on behalf of someone else's mistake. It started off today bright and early with three phone calls and five emails later. An argument with a co-worker, where I defended myself and pretty much put them in their place. Sometimes a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do!


On a lighter note, here is my Friday Five!


one. Our entire weekend is going to be sun-filled. The beach tomorrow and fishing on Sunday. I am so ready to relax with my little family with a fishing pole in my hand. Those days are the best.

Here are a few pics from last year and our days spent by the water...







two. Cadence has been having fun recently. Riding her new bike and of course hide-n-seek.



three. I took the plunge on Wednesday and lightened my hair by adding a lot of highlights. I am so happy with the way that they turned out and it was just the amount of depth that my hair needed to provide a nice summer color.


four. Next week my mom and I are headed to Jacksonville to visit my aunt. To say I am excited is an understatement! Next Friday truly cannot get here quick enough. Lots of shopping and girls time is just what we need.

five. Lastly, I leave with you all with this. 
Thank you Lord.

xo



4 comments

  1. Stopping by from the link-up!! days by the water are so much fun!! Sorry your week was rough at work - but you did what you had to do by standing up for yourself!! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful day it was and so great to spend time with the ones who mean everything to you. treasure these.

    http://nightowlventing02.blogspot.com/2014/04/friday-favorites.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a PERFECT weekend :) Love your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear you had a rough week! I hope next week is better! Especially with going on your trip with you mom! How fun! I hope your weekend in the sun is going well!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger