To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

April 28, 2014

weekend

It's Monday morning already. So blessed to be here another day with my wonderful family! Let me catch you up on what we did this weekend...

On Saturday we added a new member to our family, Rosie, a 3 month old chihuahua! She already has our hearts!




Cadence did some bike riding. She's getting pretty good at it and is about ready to take her "stabilizers" training wheels off. Not sure where she got the word stabilizers from, but it's hilarious!



Tarl went fishing with the boys yesterday, so Cadence and I enjoyed some pool time!



I also had some snapchat fun this morning - something to make Monday a little bit brighter.




Unfortunately my plans to go to Jacksonville this coming weekend have been postponed. Unexpected bills are never fun and sometimes neither is being a responsible adult, but we're making the best by me not going by having a date night on Friday night. #SilverLining

xo






4 comments

  1. Haha! Stabilizers has cracked me up! I think that's what Peppa Pig calls her training wheels ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. stabilizers LOL kids are hilarious!
    Ohh that pool looks so nice..I want to layout and go swimming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the cute pics of the babies. I know you have fun with them.

    http://nightowlventing02.blogspot.com/ following you. would love for you to come check me out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww! Rosie is so cute! Love her coloring! I'm totally jealous of your poolside picture! It's soooo freakin' cold here in Michigan! Still wearing jackets and sweaters! BooO!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger