To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

April 2, 2014

She is here!

Spring has arrived, after many months of waiting for the cold weather to go away, it has been in the upper 70s/80s all week and to say I am loving it is an understatement! Spring is a girl, naturally, because she is beautiful, am I right?


With Spring brings one of my favorite Holidays, Easter. As a Christian, Easter stands for so much, but most importantly the resurrection of Jesus Christ. If you are looking for an eternal and lasting life with Jesus, I sure would love to talk to you, just email me if you'd like.


Easter, for most people, is also a time to celebrate with family, wear your pretty pastels, and hunt eggs. My family is no different and I thought I'd share some of my favorite Easter pins with you to get you ready for your Easter get-together!


Food

Food, one of the most important parts of the day! We do food big in my family, always have and probably always will. Most of the time I'm in charge of bringing the sweets and thanks to good ole Pinterest the ideas this year are endless! Not only will you find the adorable pictures, but you can also click on the link to direct you to the very easy recipe attached. Easter day is devoted to Jesus, Church and family, so I don't have hours to bake. The following goodies are the perfect treats to make in a hurry!
These would be adorable for a Spring party!
Carrots in Dirt Cupcakes

Cute and super easy. Cute for Easter. Peeps sitting on Rice Crispy Treats nests.
Marshmallow Peeps in a Crispy Nest
Easter Egg Popsicles
Easter Egg Popsicles
Bunny Pretzels | Miss CandiQuik
Bunny Pretzels

Easter Cupcakes
Chick Cupcakes


Décor

Another wonderful part of Easter is the decorations. I love the bright greens and pinks, along with the pastel blues and yellows. It's just beautiful to eat Easter lunch and be surrounded with a beautiful ambience. Here are some decorations that would be so easily made with local purchases from a dollar store or craft store.
spring wreath idea.
Tulip Wreath

like the idea of framed black board put on top of cupboard, then change for season or whatever
Perfect Spring Entry Table with "He Has Risen" Chalkboard Art (the true meaning for the Holiday)

Spring flowers
White Tulip Pitcher Bouquet with Chalkboard "Spring" Background

DIY Target Dollar Easter Tree ~ plus Spring & Easter Decor & Fun Crafts for the Kids.
Egg Topiary

Crafts

Cadence adores doing Holiday crafts. Not only does it make great decorations for the house and fridge, but it's the time spent doing them that makes it so special. Here are some "pin-worth" crafts that I anticipate us doing in the next couple weeks.


DIY Easter Egg Paper Strip Art
Paper Strip Art
Easter M's in Sugar Cones- would be cute for easter basket!
Easter M&M Cones (The Perfect Craft & Goody Bag!)
Easter Bunny Frame (old book pages bunny silhouette, cotton ball tail)
Peter CottonTail
Easter Cards - Get your kids to do this and put ALL their prints on the inside. KEEP in a safe place, just in case.
Thumb Bunny Loves You (Picture this framed! Something to treasure for years to come!)


Kids' Easter Craft:  DIY Bunny Disguise
Bunny Disguise

Do you see how many cute ideas there are? I have been pinning relentlessly. I cannot wait to put a lot of these ideas and recipes into fruition. For all my Easter pins, be sure to follow!






Happy Spring!

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger