To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

April 4, 2014

My thoughts on no-makeup selfies and more...

I'm linking up with the usual ladies for today's Five on Friday. You can join the fun here.


THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

one // Go figure that the weather this entire week while working has been a sunny 80 degrees, but as of tomorrow in the low 70s and 80% chance of rain, however, my little family will make the best of it. I have to finish up some last minute Easter basket goodie shopping and I'm thinking a craving for Italian food might be settled...here's hoping!

two // If you have done the following please do not take offense to what I am about to say, just simply stating my opinion, but I truly don't understand the no makeup selfie to help promote breast cancer awareness. These women are fighting for their lives, all the while losing their weight, appetite and hair that I just don't see how posting a picture without my makeup on will boost awareness.

I believe that we can make a better effort by donating towards breast cancer awareness, supporting someone you know locally who is battling the disease or volunteering to a breast cancer foundation.

This article pretty much sums it up. 

three // While we're on the subject of makeup, I've been eyeing these products, if you have used them please let me know how they worked for you and if they're worth the splurge!



Apply where the sun naturally hits your face: forehead, cheeks, nose and chin
Bobbi Brown 'Uber Pinks' Illuminating Bronzing Powder
The sun is on its way! Check out everything you need to get a healthy glow.
Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35
Responds to the color chemistry of your lips to create a shade uniquely yours
Dior Addict Lip Glow


I've been trying to find the perfect BB cream for the summer months. Wearing foundation daily, along with the general heat and humidity is definitely a no for this girl, but a light BB cream I think would be just the trick.

The lip glow by Dior has me completely intrigued. It's supposed to react to your lips chemistry and create a color specifically for you.

The bronzing powder looks like it would be the perfect tool to brighten your face and add that extra 'oomph' to your makeup bag.

four // Cadence has a T-Ball game tonight and there is nothing cute than seeing all of those little kids go after the ball. If a ball is hit and goes in the field, they all flock to it like little ants, it's precious!

five // It's Friday - holla!


2 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned something about this post, thanks. :)
    I love your blog, btw!. Followed you on GFC. I hope you'd check my blog too and follow-back. :)

    xx
    Katherine @ Nested Thoughts

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger