To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

April 30, 2014

Let's Chat

* I've been having a lot of fun with snapchat recently and thought I'd share.








* I've not been impressed with Essie lately. I used to love their colors and the polish itself but the last few times I've painted my nails they chip within days, if not the same day and it truly takes hours for it to dry completely. I've been using Sinful Colors - the cheap stuff for $1.99 that you get from the drug store and it works great with a cheap top coat. Holla!

* I'm coming up with our weekly menu for the next two weeks and I'll share that with you all tomorrow. We have some delicious meals planned and I am ready to make them with some help from my sous chef of course, Cadence.

* I've made a conscious effort as of recently to quote vacations for myself. For instance New York just isn't going to happen, so I'm averaging the costs for hotels, things to do, flights, taxi's, etc. This way I can save away and when I have the cash to go, I'll just tell Tarl to pack a bag! Not only do I have a want for an NYC visit, but I also would love to see London and Paris. I did the math yesterday and hotels were affordable. The 2.5 hour train ride from London to Paris was only $132 per person, affordable. However the flights were absolutely ridiculous. $1200.00, one way per person...are they out of their minds? It looks like that trip is going to have to wait for retirement!

* Cadence's birthday is at the end of the year,but while strolling through Pinterest today I saw some super cute ideas for her 6th birthday. We practically live on a farm, minus the barn. We have chickens, roosters, peacocks, turkeys, bitties, cats, dogs, a full garden and lots of other farm indicative items. How cute would a barnyard birthday be? Aren't these ideas just precious? All pictures via 

Classic & Clever Barnyard Birthday Party

Photo 4 of 42: Farm/Barnyard / Birthday "Barnyard Bash" | Catch My Party

A little over the top, but such a cute barnyard birthday party!

Farm Animals / Birthday "Barnyard Bash" | Catch My Party

Events Inspired by Love: Barnyard Birthday Bash!

BARNYARD BIRTHDAY BASH: The Menu

Farm / Barnyard birthday invitation

Photo 1 of 13: Barnyard/Farm / Birthday "Barnyard Birthday Dessert Table" | Catch My Party

* We have one T-Ball game left - hallelujah! It's so funny because in the beginning, when your child starts an extra curricular activity everyone is so excited and by the end of it, you cannot wait for it to be over with. All three of us are over T-Ball. Between endless practices, games, meltdowns and mosquitos this one game cannot get here soon enough.

* Rumor has it that Disney is supposed to offer Free Dining tomorrow to Disney Visa card holders. This is just a rumor, but I happen to be a cardholder, and if the rumor is true this will pay off our vacation and save us over $800!

* Please remember to keep everyone who is affected by these storms in your prayers. I couldn't imagine everything being taken away from me within a matter of minutes, or worse, someone. Possessions can be replaced, loved ones cannot. I pray that everyone affected seeks God in their time of need. I pray that they are able to rebuild bigger and stronger than before. I pray for their solace and peace in their time of grief.

Remember to hold tight to your loved ones!

xo





3 comments

  1. the barnyard stuff is amazing I love it!! Haha your snapchat art is pretty hilarious

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're an awesome snapchatter! I just make funny faces and send them to my sister lol. That barnyard party looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Golly, if money were no object I would duplicate many of those pinterest party ideas for a future bday for the Precious. :) Loved them!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger