To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

April 23, 2014

Liebster (Round 4)

Annika who blogs over at These Nested Thoughts nominated me for a Liebster Award. This isn't my first, but they are always so fun to do and a great way for my new followers to get to know a little bit more about me.




The rules are:
Write 11 random facts about yourself
Answer questions submitted by the blogger who nominated you
Choose 11 bloggers for the award
Write 11 new questions for them to answer
Let the nominees know that they've been nominated




Without further ado here are some facts about me: one-I not only loathe snakes but I have a very bad irrational fear of them. If there is a snake on TV, I get chills up my spine as if it were in the room with me. If I run over a snake with my car and look back and don't see it in the rear view mirror squished like a pancake, I am terrified that it has somehow got inside my car when I went over it with my tires, just to come bite me to my death. For real, it's bad! two-I've always wanted a personalized license tag but have never broke down and bought one. three-My dream job is to be a Real Housewife of Orange County and be best friends with Tamra, but at this point I'll be a Real Housewife of whatever city Andy Cohen chose me to be in, just not Atlanta (way too much drama for my taste on that show!) four-I never wanted kids, neither did Tarl. We had a mutual agreement on that before we were ever married. I got knocked up on my wedding night - the best unanswered prayer, ever! five-I love being tan, I always feel prettier when I'm bronzed! 
six-I have major road rage and road "attitude". If you follow too close behind I'm going to shoot you an evil look. If you brake and go I'm going to shoot you an evil look. If you don't let me over, you guessed it, an evil look...I have a huge list of "do's and don'ts" for driving. seven-I got my passport several years ago because our cruise line said we had to have one, turns out they never even stamped the damn thing and I'm still holding a grudge about that. I want a stamp in my passport stat! eight-I've always wanted to be a blonde, but I just can't pull it off, trust me I've tried! Being brunette is just who I am. nine-The Office is my all time favorite show. ten-Temple Run 2 is my current addiction. eleven-I'm not a cat person, yet I own one and am in love with him. Seriously Hector is the cutest cat ever!

Here are the questions that Annika chose for me:

1. What is your hobby?

Taking pictures. I love it.





2. How is your blogging experience?

Would I love more followers in order to gain sponsorships and one day a steady income from blogging? Absolutely. However, at the end of the day I blog for me, so the experience has been rewarding!

3. What clothing brand do you like the most and why?

Whatever I can afford at the time. Mostly Target and sometimes Walmart, straight up!

4. What is your favorite animal?

Ones that don't piss, shit and can feed themselves. Seeing as how this doesn't exist I'd have to say a dog.

5. What is the most exciting/interesting thing that happened in your life?

Probably the two times I met Jake Owen. It was #2 on my bucket list and I've loved him ever since he came out as an artist. His southern good looks won me over and meeting him was uh.maz.ing!





6. What's your favorite book?

Fifty Shades...I can't wait for the movie!

7. What tv series are your favorites?

Lots...thank goodness for DVR! 
Mostly Bravo shows.




That's it for today folks...there are way too many blogs I love to nominate just a spare few, so if you're reading please join along in the fun!

xo



3 comments

  1. awesome pics and i must say jake owen is a little sexy :D

    nightowlventing02.blogspot.com Come check me out and have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  2. whenever I think of Jake Owen, I think of him prancing around on stage barefoot. I'm cracking up that apparently he does his meet and greats barefoot too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Miranda! I really love your answers. :)
    xx
    Katherine Annika @ Nested Thoughts

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger