To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

April 17, 2014

Hippity Hoppity Easter's on it's Way!

I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again, but in my house we do holidays big and Easter is my second favorite next to Christmas so it's a little bit bigger than your average holiday. It's essentially a second Christmas for Cadence, which I say lightly because it's not like we wrap hundreds of gifts, however the kid does get quite spoiled by the ole Easter Bunny.


Join the link ups and have some fun!





This year was no exception, and in fact, probably the most spoiled Easter she will have. Tarl and I are so ready to see her face light up on Easter morning once she see's what EB has brought her!

Let's start off with the essential $1 purchases. They are great fillers and Cadence loves them! Between the dollar store and Target's dollar spot I snagged a Doc McStuffins coloring book, Sophia the First coloring book, the matching crayon packs for both, as well as Disney Princess markers. I also got Cadence an Easter themed jump rope and of course her favorite candies. Cadence is obsessed with bubbles and we go through at least one bubble container a week, so for $1 a piece I snagged her two favorite colors, a pink and purple bubble blower. A local crafter sells monogrammed goodness and for next to nothing, so I got her the small snack container and water bottle monogrammed for less than $5, for both!





I filled those pretty plastic eggs with chocolate "gold" coins since she loves Jake and the Neverland Pirates. I figured that was a little extra touch to add to the basket.

Onto the bigger fillers...sticking to the bubble lover that she is, I splurged and bought her a Disney Princess bubble gun. I know she's going to be absolutely smitten with it. The other two items that I am excited about are the chunky necklaces from Le Bebe Bowtique. Belle is by far her favorite Disney Princess but Cinderella is a close second. I wasn't about to buy two necklaces because they aren't cheap. Luckily I won the Cinderella necklace in a giveaway she was having a week later...score!






The biggest present she is getting for Easter is a bicycle. Normally we would have stopped at the basket, but the bike was on sale for under $50 and she was in desperate need of a new bike this summer since her other one is meant for children 3 and under. I couldn't snap a picture of this one just yet because EB has it stashed in a super secret place :)

So you think she's going to like her goodies?

Well lovelies, I am taking an Easter blogging break until Monday. I plan to enjoy my time off work and this joyous Christian holiday with my family. I sure hope you take the time and do the same.

May you and yours have a very blessed and happy Easter!



2 comments

  1. Wow can I do Easter at your house LOL! I havent even started...but we wont get the boys back until noon on easter so I still have time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a bubble gun! now that is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger