To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

November 19, 2014

Currently

...listening to Christmas music and love it. You know that song "Need a Little Christmas"? 


Haul out the holly
Put up the tree before my spirit falls again
Fill up the stocking
I may be rushing things, but deck the halls again now

There has been a bunch of grinches on my news feed...I truly could care less. They have their opinions and I have mine. If they don't want to decorate, listen to Christmas music or celebrate the season until after Thanksgiving, more power to them, but respect my opinions and traditions by keeping your mouth shut, k, thanks! I've said it before and I'll say it again. My family DOES NOT skip over Thanksgiving. We love and embody the Thanksgiving holiday. We celebrate with our families, spend time together and give thanks for all that the Lord has blessed us with, but there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with putting up decorations and celebrating Christmas early! #rantover #sorrynotsorry

...craving a cup of coffee. As cold as it is outside today I could sip on a warm coffee with 3 creams and 5 sugars all day. 

...loving how they refurbished these fence posts. What a great idea!

...considering a lot of these crafts to do with Cadence this Christmas. The possibilities are endless. 

...dreaming of being here for when Rockefeller Center lights up in two weeks!


New York City Most Popular Attractions Map.   Um this would have been quite helpful 2 weeks ago...



...getting our Thanksgiving menu prepped and ready to go. I've been coordinating with my mom and sisters and cannot wait to celebrate the season next week with my family. My famous brussell sprouts will be made but I am dreaming up some delicious things to serve next week...Pinterest for the win!

...loved the lunch that we had with Cadence's school today for Thanksgiving. It was their Thanksgiving Feast Celebration and parents were invited. We had so much fun with our little gal and loved seeing her socialize with all her little friends. Tarl and I are beyond blessed to have her in such a great school, which are few and far between in the area we live in. 


One day she's going to look back on this picture and hate me. Caught her with a big ole hunk of bread in her mouth. Love it!

...one more person to buy for, for Christmas and then all my shopping is done! Yes, you read that right. Only one more person and this girl right here is ready for Santa!






1 comment

  1. I think it is SO funny that everyone feels like they need to have an opinion on how others choose to celebrate or when they choose to do it. I am like you, normally by now my Christmas stuff is out and set up for the most part. This year is a little different for me only because it is my first year hosting Thanksgiving so I wanted the house to stay "fall" but right after our meal, I will be breaking out the tree!

    And apparently I need to hire you as my advisor...I have only shopped for ONE person..I am slackin' this year haha the stress of hosting my first Thanksgiving is taking over! Good for you girl!

    Enjoyed this post!
    Sarah
    coffeeandglitter14.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger