To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

November 14, 2014

oh, Friday

Each year when December rolls around I plan something for each night of the month leading up to Christmas Day. It can be something as simple as reading a story, watching a Christmas movie on ABC Family or something elaborate like travelling to Charleston to see the Holiday Festival of Lights in James Island. 

It's a tradition that we have been doing for years, even back as far as when Tarl and I were just dating...now we enjoy it with rings on our left hands and a sassy little (amost six year old) girl in the backseat. To say it has gotten more special and exciting with the passing years is an understatement. Seeing the lights through Cadence's eyes is an unforgettable memory.

Today is the official day they are lighting the lights. If you're ever in the Charleston area, it's a must do during the Christmas season!

----------------------



No truer statement then the one above...just keeping it real people!

----------------------

If you're anything like me and keeping up with the 50 Shades phenomenon then you should know that the second trailer got released late last night. If you haven't seen it yet, don't worry...click here. Let me tell you that part of Mr. Grey running in his hooded sweatshirt...swoon!

----------------------

To go along with my new look I also created a new blog button, southern inspired of course...take a look or grab it for yourself to share on your blog. Let me know if you do so I can come and take a look at yours :)




Life in the Lowcountry



----------------------

This picture deserves it's very own post, but for now I'll just add it to one of my Friday Favorites...

Shabby Chic
via

Perfection. Simply perfect. I love every thing about this room down to the hard wood floors, antique style vanity and the floor to wall mirror. You can tell this is a bedroom with a sliding door leading out to a patio and the only thing I would change would be to install a french door there instead. This is my dream room inspiration.

Happy Friday friends...join these fun links here.





No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger