To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

November 26, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving Y'all | See ya Monday!

First I want to tell y'all about Walmart clothes. I am never one to stray away from a good deal and Walmart clothes are comfortable and cheap, and as of recent they have been on point with their selections. I am obsessed with this gold polka dot cream top I purchased and at $10 I'm loving it!



I also got a cream top with gold sequins around the shoulder (what can I say, I'm loving gold right now!) and a gray top with silver leopard print...loving their selections right now. If you need a sizing reference I am normally a size small in a shirt, however Walmart tops shrink terribly when you wash them so I always purchase a medium - trust me, their clothes shrink!

__________


It's the day before Thanksgiving, how exciting!
I am so ready to wake up tomorrow morning snuggled up next to my family watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade in New York. Then head off to our parents to spend some quality time together with each of our families. One at lunch and the other at dinner. 

Once Thanksgiving is over and Friday arrives Tarl and I are having a weekend to ourselves and it's been long overdue. The last weekend we had without the kiddo was when we went to  Florida and it did not go as expected so we are very ready to have this time together for just the two of us. 

Cadence is excited about playing with her cousin, attending a birthday party and getting spoiled rotten by her mema.

I'll be sure and post some pictures on Instagram of our Thanskgiving festivities along with our weekend full of date nights, so make sure you click the mason jar on the right hand side and follow along. 

Friday we have zero plans. We may end up in Charleston, Savannah, Beaufort or just some dirt road riding in the lowcountry - some times those are the best dates!

There is a place where the sidewalk ends, and before the street begins, and there the grass grows soft and white and the sun glows crimson bright and there the moonbird rests from his flight to cool in the peppermint wind...

On Saturday we're headed to our favorite place, Savannah...dinner at the Melting Pot per usual and watching the Christmas boat parade, along with the tree lighting and fireworks.
So excited to officially begin Christmas festivities with the love of my life!

On Sunday we'll pick up miss priss and our Elf on the Shelf, Olly, will finally make his debut for Christmas 2014! Cannot wait! We have a lot of fun ideas planned for Olly. If you need ideas follow my Christmas board on Pinterest - you won't be sorry!

I wish you and your family a very blessed and wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!

f13c5fd769b2588902f3bb5a028d3437.jpg 425×640 pixels

As usual with holidays I'll be spending that wonderful time with family, so no blog posting for me...see ya on Monday folks!


No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger