To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

November 11, 2014

Weekend & Cancer Scare

First I want to start off by saying thank you to my readers who prayed for my test yesterday as well as fellow bloggers who took the time out of their day to email me with well wishes. I am so very happy to report that the doctor didn't find any cancer in my bladder. In fact, she said that my bladder is pristine. I am suffering from one of two things. Cystitis or an Overactive Bladder, both of which I can deal with and maintain with medication. Praise the Lord and as I've said time and time again, God is good always in all ways. 

Again, thank you sincerely! There is so much power in prayer. 

Moving on...

This weekend was wonderful and filled with all things Christmas. 
Annually we go to our local Macy's and write out our Christmas list to Santa. For each letter that Macy's receives they will donate $1 to Make-a-Wish up to $1,000,000 and it's as easy as writing a letter with the envelopes they provide. Plus it's a lot of fun and Cadence enjoys putting it in their mailbox.




Afterwards we went and got a Gigi's cupcake - delish!


We were feeling festive by writing our Christmas lists, so we decided to go ahead and put up our Christmas decorations! Note we have some sort of Christmas tree in each room in our home, except the bathrooms...that'll probably come next year :)



Cadence's tree!


Putting up our little silver tree.




I always do a hot chocolate bar each year. It's quick, easy, and adds great decor for the festive season.



I love the saying I chose on our chalkboard. It's what Christmas is all about - the birth of our Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ. 

My most favorite thing this year is probably the apothecary jars filled with red and white candies. It's in the perfect spot because after dinner we all grab a treat.




Our bedroom has a grey and white theme so I though how perfect a white tree with silver (and of course some pink) bulbs would be...love it!


The center countdown tree along with the faux poinsettias we purchased from Home Depot. The gingerbread Welcome sign I purchased from Target. The other items I purchased from the Dollar Tree excluding the stockings. Those I bought from Bed Bath & Beyond.


I love our entry table. I purchased the scented pine cones from Michaels for $3 a bag (there is a bag in each jar). As soon as you walk in our front door it smells of cinnamon. The small golden trees are from the dollar store and the countdown Santa is from Target for $3 (dollar bin y'all!)



Chalkboard from Target


This is the tiny tree in our kitchen purchased from Pier 1 last year along with the animal print bulbs.
All the prints you see were free found online.


I also have our throw away Christmas plates along with some green napkins and a green Yankee Candle. I am so happy to have our decorations up, but I am forgetting one important decoration, the tree!



She loved putting the topper on the tree. This made my day seeing the two loves of my life standing beside the twinkling lights of our Christmas tree. How blessed are we?!

On Saturday we ventured to Savannah and took in the beautiful sights downtown. They had tons of American flags in honor of Veterans day.



Savannah architecture, in my opinion, is some of the prettiest.



Ice cream for dessert? Always.

xo








1 comment

  1. Praise the Lord for no cancer! I can't even imagine the relief you must feel! Love love love all of your Christmas festiveness!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger