To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

November 21, 2014

Gingerbread | Pinterest Win | Friday Fun




Yay - it's Friday! I don't know about y'all but I have felt like this week has d.r.a.g.g.e.d by!
It's Friday, my family is healthy, here and breathing (praise the Lord!) and I'm beyond ready to start the weekend with my loves. Not to mention that next week is only a 2.5 day work week! Can I get a Vicki woo-hoo!


Onto the fun...



Christmas cookies - delicious little morsels of delight while making memories with your family with the help of butter, sugar and sprinkles - that pretty much sums up our night last night while making our first batch of gingerbread cookies of the season.









I'll be the first one to tell you that I used to be that person who wanted the cookies decorated perfectly along with matching sprinkles. Now I could care less. See that cookie to the far left with the mounds of icing and 1000 sprinkles? That was Cadence's special cookie she made just for herself and it's probably my favorite because the kid loves icing and sprinkles and I know she made that one just so she could eat it, let's be honest, what kid doesn't like icing and sprinkles?


Pinterest projects most often are epic fails but some times they are the opposite and this project was just that! I love how it turned out and it filled a huge empty space in our living room.


I work in the construction industry so getting an old patina window sash wasn't hard at all. I printed instagram prints at my local Walgreens and used strong adhesive tape to secure them to the window panes. I went over in a dry erase marker first to do the writing, and then when I had it centered and the way I wanted it I went back over it in magic marker. 

It's a lot easier to wipe away dry erase on glass than permanent ink!



This little cutie had college team shirt day at school. As much as she enjoys the Gamecocks like we do, believe it or not she has no Gamecock shirts. She did however have this monogrammed (of course) football shirt with a gamecock colored bow sewn into it and we complimented the shirt with a hairbow the size of Texas! 

If all else fails, get a bigger bow!

Sweet girl also wanted to take some ziploc bags full of the gingerbread cookies we baked last night to her teachers - love this sweet girl of mine!


Tonight is our small towns Merchant Open House which is when the quaint, small hometown stores that usually close around 5 stay open until 9pm. They offer goodies, have raffles, prizes, our main street is decorated to the nines for Christmas and it looks like candy cane lane with all the decor. Santa may also make an appearance along with a line up of musical numbers by local bands, performers, choirs and even my nephew, Dean.

I can't wait to hear him play his guitar while he sings along with Christmas music.

I'll try my best to take a video and upload on Monday - to say he is talented is an understatement! Kid learned how to play a guitar without lessons or reading music. Just hears a song and plays it by ear. Amazing and I'm totally jealous! I don't have a musical bone in my body!


If you're like me and need some nice winter clothes for your children then hit up Gymboree quick - all regular priced items are on sale today for 50% off. Items that were already marked down are 80% off! In my opinion it's Black Friday today for Gymboree!

Off I go to pick out some clothes for Cadence...

Happy Friday friends!



3 comments

  1. I agree on the bows- the bigger the better. I stopped by Gymboree today to get some boots for my daughter and was pleasantly surpirsed by the sale. The boots were only $21, and I picked up a couple extra things :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, you have your house all decorated for Christmas! I am so jealous!! Your tree looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That wall panel is so cute! Love pinterest projects when they turn out cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger