To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

November 7, 2014

FOF: Proud Mom & More


one...

Cadence had her school pageant last night, and guess what?

SHE WON!

Tarl and I were so proud of our little girl, win or lose, she did a fantastic job. She smiled, walked with grace and even answered her question on stage like a pro. The pageant was broken into two categories, you could win your grade or the bigger title of overall winner. Her sweet and beautiful little friend Alleigh won Miss Kindergarten and we were so very happy for her. We were waiting to see who would win the overall title and the crown, and it was our sweet Cadence. 

The smile on her face was precious and all those little beauties did a fantastic job, but just like any  parents would be, we were so happy she won :)






two...

This year I am excited to be participating in The Grits Blog, 25 days of Christmas, Blogmas! 


I think it's such a fun idea to keep us in the holiday spirit all Christmas long. You can follow here to link up when December 1st begins!

three...

Christmas songs officially started on the radio today. I was very thrilled about that. Even though Thanksgiving is yet to come I asked Tarl this morning to have the Christmas boxes out when I get home. It's time to put them up!

four...

I ask for prayers for my family. Our sweet cat, Hector whom I've talked about on the blog before has disappeared from our home. He is loved by all and such a precious pet to have. We last saw him on Monday and it's not like him to wander off. We're worried but praying and I ask that you do to. 

I also have my procedure on Monday, the cystoscopy, to find out what's going on with my body. I tell you, sometimes being a woman is no fun. I should find out Monday if it's a serious issue or the disease interstitial cystitis which can be maintained through a daily medication. I'm praying for the latter and ask that you keep me in your prayers. 

Thank you!

five...

It's Friday and I woke up this morning as did my family and friends. God is good always in all ways.

Happy Friday Friends!

xo


2 comments

  1. Yay Cadence!! She is beyond adorable! Prayers going up for positive results and that Hector finds his way home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cadence looks AMAZING!!!! Congrats on your win!! I have the best memories of doing pageants.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger