To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

November 4, 2014

Staple Pieces | Bookshelf Ladder


I have been on the lookout for the perfect piece for an empty spot in my living room. Regardless of how we switch the furniture around or place picture frames there is still always this empty space in the corner of our living room and it drives me nuts. I wasn't sure what I wanted to put in that area but I knew that I wanted it to be able to store items such as picture frames, decorations, plants, etc.

It hit me today that a Bookshelf Ladder is the perfect piece of furniture for that area of my home.
Bookshelf Ladders are a staple piece in the furniture industry in my opinion just for the fact that they are gorgeous in their own right, but they are also great for decorating with every day things that aren't holiday oriented such as pictures, flowers, vases, coffee table books, candles.

You name it, it can go on the bookshelf ladder and still look good.

I would put this on my Christmas list, but I may purchase one prior to Christmas. What can I say, I'm not a very patient person. The three below are the ones that have caught my eye more so than any other websites I've searched and trust me I've done my homework. Lowes, Home Depot, World Market and the below included, Target & Walmart. The Target one is a little more steep in price (well a lot more actually) but it does include two drawers and that would be perfect for extra storage.

I love how modern the middle rack is. From top to bottom it has a shelf per row and is simple yet chic. The last one caught my eye because of the way the boards in the back criss cross every other section. It is very similar to the entry table that my father-in-law built me and I think it would look perfect in our living room.

Which is your favorite?
Monarch Specialties Ladder Bookcase with Drawers
Target

Walmart


Walmart



2 comments

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger