To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

March 20, 2014

Celebrating Christmas in Spring - Merry Christmas!

Today I'm linking up with Ashley for Throwback Thursday.

athousandwords

Happy Spring Y'all! I'm so happy that Spring is now officially here, but who are we kidding, it's still in the 60s outside, so boo on that thought. Winter needs to quit being a whore, and let spring and summer get some, just sayin!

Anyways, onto the throwback...

Since it feels more like Christmas outside than Spring, I figured I would share pictures of our first "official" Christmas together as a family. Cadence's very first  Christmas was back in 2008, she was only 9 days old! Tarl and I were both sleep deprived and scared out of our minds with a brand new baby that we weren't really in the Christmas spirit that year. So although 2008 was our first Christmas as a family, Cadence, only being an infant was clueless to presents and gifts...see what I mean?


The kid was clueless, so let's fast forward one year, when things get fun with a one year old at Christmas!








If you couldn't tell, but this girl loved (and still does) Cheeto's, so that's what was in her stocking :)




She also got her first toothbrush that year!






Her first potty too!






Gotta love my family...instead of one sentimental picture, they turn it into this #bitches :)


Such a great Christmas, and they truly have gotten more special each year. The older Cadence gets the more she understands what the true meaning is.

Happy Thursday and Happy Spring folks!



No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger