To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

March 11, 2014

Let's chat

Tarl and I started P90X3 last night. You can read more about us starting it, here. My arms were so sore after the workout that Tarl had to help me out of my shirt. I literally could barely lift my arms. I am absolutely in love with this workout already though. After only 30 minutes I could already feel my achy muscles starting to work. Day one down, 89 more to go.


//


Because of our weekend trip, Cadence's T-Ball schedule, and P90X3, we have so many shows on DVR to catch up on, but I cannot wait to watch the RHOBH finale that came on last night. I can honestly say that throughout the entire show's history, Kyle Richards is probably my favorite. Personally, she just seems so genuine to me. I'm sure each of you reading this have your own opinion of the show, but Kyle's definitely my girl. I cannot stand Carlton and I hope she doesn't return, they can fill her spot with me...just sayin'.


//


When working out, workout clothes truly do make the difference. They keep things from jiggling, and hold things in place. #boobs #ass #pooch


I'm loving these perfect workout items!


Best lounge pants.
via

adidas Women's 3-Stripes Tricot Pants - Dick's Sporting Goods
via

Roxy Women's Tradewinds Neoprene Capris - Dick's Sporting Goods
via

Under Armour Women's Seamless Tank Top II - Dick's Sporting Goods
via

Nike Women's Tailwind Loose Running Tank Top - Dick's Sporting Goods
via


//

This story shocked me when I first read it. It is so hard to believe that this truly happens. As a pet lover it's hard to hear, but look at the difference it made by someone picking up this poor dog. He now has a loving home and someone to take care of him. It aggravates me to no end when people abandon their pets. If you cannot take care of it, see if someone else you know wants it, or at least have the decency and take it to the humane society, do not just drop it off down the road somewhere!

//


I've had bad eyes since 4th grade. My first pair of glasses were huge and purple...needless to say I wasn't the pick of the litter when it came to middle school boyfriends. Once I got in tenth grade I upgraded to contacts...hello Tarl (seriously this is when we met!)

I've been in contacts ever since, but the glasses that I've had are horrible looking. Very thin, brown, not attractive and I honestly don't know why I picked them four years ago when I was due to get another pair. Well my brand new pair came in yesterday and I am smitten.


I love the large frame and the thickness of the frame itself. I chose black (not brown or purple!) because it goes with everything. I think my choice this time is much better than in years past. You live you learn.

//

Tarl is now a coach for Cadence's T-Ball team. He didn't sign up for it, but they needed the extra help and he stepped up to the plate (pun intended). I have to say, there is something so very sexy about a man helping kids. It truly is the sweetest thing. I love how he takes the time with Cadence as well, and shows her the proper form for hitting the ball and throwing it. 

//

We've had weather in the 80s for the past two days, I sure hope it's here to stay. I'm sick and tired of winter weather and beyond ready to see pink dogwoods in full bloom!

Another reason I am loving this weather is Cadbury's eggs are in all stores. I bought three of those babies yesterday. I'm not sure Tony Horton (P90X3) would approve, but who the hell cares! Work metabolism, work!

//

Speaking of Cadbury Eggs and warm weather. Easter is right around the corner. Easter is one of my favorite holidays. I love the colors, the feeling of warm sun while you're outside with family, and of course, Easter baskets and celebrating the true reason for the Holiday as a Christian.

xo








No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger