To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

March 14, 2014

Friday Five

Linking up with all the ladies for today's Five on Friday. Go on and add your link too!



This week has surprisingly gone by really quickly for me. Hallelujah! I hope that the weekend slows down a bit and the weather warms up. To be able to go outside without a coat and chill bumps would be a much welcomed change!

one. Prom is right around the corner for most of the high schools around my area. My nephew has his first prom next month. For one day I wish Dean was a girl, because I honestly miss prom dress shopping. For some reason picking out a tux just isn't as fun. I seriously contemplated buying a prom dress magazine while in line the other day, alas, I just skimmed through the pages drooling over all the dresses. I'm not rushing Cadence to get older, but I am very excited about those special days and picking out that perfect dress.  It seems that dresses these days are much more vibrant and unique than when I was back in high school. If I pulled a Mrs. Robinson and got asked to prom, here is some of the choices I'd wear...



zipper high low sleeveless prom dress
via

zipper sweetheart a-line empire chiffon beading,split prom dress
via
A-line Chiffon Spaghetti Straps Natural Waist Sweep/Brush Train Zipper Sleeveless Crystal Prom Dress
via

Sheath/Column Chiffon One Shoulder Natural Waist Sweep/Brush Train Zipper Sleeveless Prom Dress
via
Sheath/Column Chiffon Sweetheart Natural Waist Floor-Length Zipper Sleeveless Prom Dress
via

trumpet long one shoulder empire chiffon sleeveless prom dress
via



two. My bow giveaway! Have you entered? It's OK, if you don't have a little one to put a bow on, you can get a fabric bow for you! Enter here!





three. This Raspberry Peach lemonade looks amazing! Second to a cold watermelon, this looks so refreshing on a hot day.

Raspberry Peach Lemonade - Fresh raspberries and peaches add such a wonderfully fruity flavor in this refreshing drink!



You can view and print the recipe here.


four. Cadence got her team jersey and team hat last night for T-Ball. It is beyond precious to see her all dressed up in her baseball uniform. I once read that the days are long but the years are short and that statement sums it up...our kids truly do grow so quickly. We all need to learn to cherish every single moment we have with them.

five. This Friday is going to be low key for my little family. St. Patrick's weekend this close to Savannah brings out all the crazies and we steer clear of all that. Maybe grill some burgers tomorrow and enjoy time on our little farm.


What are your Friday five?




4 comments

  1. I love prom dresses! I forced my sister to go to every single prom and do every pageant she could just so I could shop through her! I am (definitely not rushing) looking forward to those days. And that lemonade looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey gal! thanks for stopping by my blog! that raspberry lemonade has my mouth watering. we had it at my wedding with a bit of vodka in it…yum. :) it was a hit. ps. i would absolutely love to redo my prom. i hope he has a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! That raspberry peach lemonade looks so thirst quenching right now! Delicious! Love the bows too! I seen your comment on my blog and came over to check it out! I love the name of your little space! Looking forward to following along :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. super cute blog--found you via the link-up.

    definitely craving something like that lemonade--sounds perfect right now. and those dresses are amazing... the "mrs. robinson" reference made me LAWL.

    have a great weekend!! :) xo, megan at www.misformoxie.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger