To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

March 21, 2014

I busted my A** - Happy Friday!

I'm linking up with the usual ladies for Spring 2014s, first Five on Friday!

THE GOOD LIFE BLOG


one.

Cadence has her very first T-Ball game tonight. I got the smallest size pants, shirts, and socks they make for T-Ball and it still swallows her hole, but she looks so darn cute it's insane! Y'all know here in the South (or most any woman in general) we love us some bows and monograms. Well of course I had to get one especially made for T-Ball, and my bow maker knocked it out of the park (pun intended!)



two.

Yesterday, Cadence had ball practice, and the night before Tarl nor I slept well, so I thought I'd be a sweetie and pick us up some store bought energy prior to her practice. As I was walking out of the gas station juggling a Red Bull, Nos, keys, and my wallet, a step appeared out of thin air and "wham" I fell in a parking lot full of people with my Vince Camuto pumps and white skinnies.

Let me first start out by saying that the price I paid for my first ever designer heels was too much, but I made the splurge thinking that surely they would outlast my normal Target heels...um...that would be a big fat NO! They are just as easily scuffed and scraped as a $25 pair of heels. 

Secondly, why is it when we spill coffee, get pen marks, or fall on our face, we're wearing white? Or is it just me? My poor white skinny jeans look like they were on an overgrown kindergarten child with the dirt stains on the knees!

Lastly, it doesn't matter how old you are, when you bust your ass, it's embarrassing, period!


three.

I have officially started talking to the Easter Bunny or EB, about Cadence's Easter basket this year, and am smitten with some of the things we have decided upon so far. First let's talk the basket. For the first few years EB has always gotten her basket from Target or Walmart, well with our love of all things monogrammed, we decided to splurge this year, spend the extra $10, and get her name on it! Remember, if it doesn't move, monogram it! I'm picking it up tomorrow from Sew Much Baggage and cannot wait to see the finished product. 

via

FYI - Sew Much Baggage has so many cute things it's ridiculous! I've ordered from them several times before and the quality is wonderful, as well as their customer service and their turn-a-round time. 

I purchased a pink market tote, with her whole name in a lime green thread. The great thing about the market tote is after Easter we can use it for her goody bag for vacations. It's the perfect size to fit coloring books, crayons, books, etc.

I made sure and told EB of Cadence's love for Disney, Disney Princesses, and especially Princess Belle. 
Le BeBe Bowtique just so happened to have a chunky necklace sale last night and voila, the perfect gift for Cadence's basket!


via
EB thought it was a good idea to go ahead and get her a matching monogram shirt to go along with her necklace. Apparently EB is a girl bunny or from the South, because all of these monogram ideas are just genius! Thank you Etsy for your many monogrammed Belle shirts to choose from!
Where would all us mothers be without it?!


four.

It's supposed to be in the mid 70s and sunny, all weekend long. I just wanted to use one of my "five's" to thank the Good Lord for that. Now that Spring is officially here, warmer weather is much appreciated, and I plan on soaking it in by spending it outside in the fresh (maybe somewhat pollen) air.

five.

It's Friday! Need I say more? Have a great weekend lovelies!





1 comment

  1. That little baseball bow is adorable! Sounds like you guys will be having a good Easter!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger