To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

March 5, 2014

Do you have 30 minutes a day? (no excuses!)

*These are solely my thoughts and personal experiences. I am not being paid to speak about this....just blogging :)


Let me first start off by saying that I am not some crazy health nut, nor do I claim to be. I do enjoy eating healthy, not because I choose to, but because it's tasty to me. I'd much rather have Italian dressing on a salad, than ranch, and I'd much rather enjoy a salad for lunch than fried chicken. Fruits are often times my dessert in the evening in lieu of a cupcake. I guess I lucked out in loving these healthy alternatives.


Don't get me wrong, there are many times I pair those strawberries with my homemade fruit dip, and do eat fried chicken, because fried chicken is a southern staple and it's just plain delicious, but ultimately I enjoy eating things that are more healthy for me.


Although eating right is an important part of getting healthy, exercise is just as important, and exercise is one thing that I just don't do. I work 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. I have a five year old child, a house and a husband to manage. So by the time the laundry is done and the kitchen is clean from dinner, the absolute last thing I want to do is go for a jog, unfortunately it's caught up with  me.


It wasn't until this past weekend that I realized how out of shape I truly am. I ran with Cadence in our yard and was winded within just a few feet. I'm blessed enough to have a pretty awesome metabolism which keeps my weight at around 125-130, and at 5'6 that's average/thin. This does not mean that my abs, legs and arms are hard as steel though...it means nothing when you don't work those muscles!


Two years ago Tarl and I started P90X. We lasted 30 days and gave it up. We thoroughly enjoyed our time together working out and by day 15 felt so much better and had more energy than ever before, but ultimately the workout times did not fit our schedule. One workout alone was 1 1/2 hours and that just wouldn't do and I be damned if I was going to wake up at 5:30 in the morning and do it, because that just wasn't going to happen, so we quit.


Lo and behold Beachbody just came out with P90X3, a 30 minute workout for 90 days that offer the same results that P90X does...score!


We purchased yesterday and cannot wait for it to arrive. I'm ready to get these abs, ass and legs toned for summer. So for 30 minutes a day, six days a week, for 90 days...when you think about it, it's not that bad at all. In the evenings it takes me a half hour to scroll through Instagram alone...so I'm making the time, no excuses!


If you're interested, you can visit Beachbody's website here.





No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger