To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

March 25, 2014

Terminus is bad news y'all!


Link here


If you are a Walking Dead fan, like moi, then you know that last night we finally got to see Terminus, in the flesh, well, a small little bit of Terminus. We literally saw one minute of it before it cut off and cued to next weeks Season Finale previews, from the one minute I saw, and that creepy lady, Mary, it's bad news y'all! Bad, hear me now.

//

I am wanting a Ruffles with Love shirt so badly, but just can't justify spending that much on a shirt I plan on sweating in.


Luke Bryan Crash My Party Racerback
via

This Luke Bryan tee is perfect, and oh so true, am I right? $26 isn't a bad price, but I workout in old tees, maybe I'll just buy to wear, holla!

//

We are now in the one-hundreds! That's right, only 183 days until Disney! When we first planned we were in the 200s, so although there is still a lot of time to go, I'm counting down the days. I think a weekend trip to Myrtle Beach at around day 100 will help pass the time a little bit quicker, just sayin.
Cadence gets excited when we talk about it, then the "newness" wears off, as she is only five. So to make it special and get her excited I'm having "countdown parties" on certain days. I actually saw this on a fellow blog (I'm sorry, but I cannot remember who it was!) and thought it was such a fun idea. On countdown day 100 I'm going to have a Frozen inspired party, where I will purchase a cheap dollar store table cloth in blue, and buy things to make ice cream sundaes. On countdown day 50 I'm going to have a Little Mermaid inspired party where we will take Cadence swimming and give her a new bathing suit for the trip. I know this sounds lavish, but she needs bathing suits for the trip anyways, so why not buy her one that we would anyways, and just surprise her with it? The last countdown day will be day 7, one week away, and that's when we will start Disney movie nights, which is where we will watch one Disney movie each night before our trip. It makes Disney so much more fun seeing the characters on the big screen, then meeting them in person!

//

I prepared our two week menu last night. I find that if I prepare our menu and buy only the items necessary to making that particular meal, it saves so much time in deciding what to make and what to buy! I only make a menu Monday - Thursday for the simple fact that our weekends are never planned out. There are days we stay home and days we go and eat out.

Week One

Monday (last night) - Baked Ziti w/Garlic Bread
Tuesday - BBQ (pulled pork) w/Asparagus & Corn
Wednesday - Fried Pork Chops, Mashed Potatoes & Green Beans
Thursday - Chicken-n-Dumplings w/White Rice

Week Two

Monday - Beef Stroganoff w/Italian Salad
Tuesday - Grilled Chicken Salad
Wednesday - Beef Stew w/Rice
Thursday - Homemade Vegetable Soup w/Corn Bread

//

I received an email this morning from the Susan G. Komen foundation urging me to write congress to ensure that there will be funding in the year 2015 designated to cancer research. It was very simple! All I had to do was fill out a very small questionnaire online (name, address, etc.) and they send the email for you. They need our help in spreading the word, I'm doing my part, do yours here.

//

Me and the Easter Bunny got together this past weekend and got all of the trimmings for Cadence's Easter Basket, including the monogrammed basket itself. I will tell you that bubbles take the cake this year, as I purchased three different bubble toys for her basket. What can I say, she loves them! I also hit up Dollar Tree and Target's dollar spot for some crayons, markers, and coloring books. She'll also get a Princess Belle necklace and we're splurging this year on a bicycle. Spring/Summer is coming up and it's the perfect time to ride a bike. Ole EB is spoiling her this year :)

//

This outfit is pure perfection.




denim, pink, clutch. summer outfit.
via


That chambray top paired with the hot pink frayed shorts screams summer to me! Similar top here and shorts here. I also am loving this black and white striped tank with these coral shorts!




summer outfits
via

With Pinterest I always try to find looks that I have and just have never thought about pairing together. I have that chambray top and the coral shorts, now to find the bright pink shorts and the above top and I'm set! Similar shorts here and tank here.


//


Tomorrow I have a blog post dedicated to meltdowns. If you are a mom, you won't want to miss this post...xo




6 comments

  1. SO I guess I am writing congress today

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg yes Terminus is going to be such bad news. Like howwww creeepppyyy was the preivew for next week! So excited!

    Tattered to Taylored

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way about the Ruffles with Love workout tanks... I just can't justify spending what I would on a work top for something that is going to be sweaty and gross in mere minutes! They do have some of the best snarky and witty comments on them though, so there is that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the workout t-shirt. I am the same way - I work out in old tees as well. Maybe I can justify it if I go running in it? That way people see it. :) Thanks for linking up with us today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those outfits you posted, yay for neon colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a bad feeling about Terminus too! I'll be glad for them to all be back together again. Love the stripes and polka dot outfits! New reader stopping by from the link up :) xo, Brittany from perpetuallydaydreaming.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger