To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

September 10, 2015

Fall has arrived

So I know that fall doesn't officially begin until September 23rd, but who are we kidding? Labor Day has come and past and summer is over fools - woohoo! Bring on pumpkin everything!

Pumpkin Pie Protein Smoothie {$500.00 Amazon Giveaway!} Recipe – The Lemon Bowl:

Speaking of pumpkin, Tarl cannot wait for me to make my pumpkin cream cheese roll. He asked yesterday while grocery shopping if we could get the stuff for me to make it. I told him not just yet. It has to be a little bit cooler than 83 degrees outside to bake anything pumpkin, maybe 80 degrees and we'll start talking :)


It truly is delicious! Recipe coming soon...


Speaking of delicious, I saw this picture posted the other day and cannot wait to try my hand at making these. They sound scrumptious!

Just Jenny Lynne: Pumpkin Cream Cheese Cake Balls:
source


I have done so much decorating that it looks like Fall has thrown up in my house and I don't hate it. I love it! We have pumpkins and scarecrows and leaves and the smell of  "Autumn in the Park" permeating throughout our house.

printout I found free online, scarecrow and leafy pumpkin - Dollar Tree
I've had the apothecary jars but I filled them with ornaments and pinecones purchased at Michaels
double pumpkin statue - Target (last year)

local boutique made this for me a couple years ago

chalkboard I made, banner and glitter pumpkin - Target, 
pumpkins, garland and scarecrows - Home Depot, 

 bowl was a Christmas gift, I added mini dollar store pumpkins and some scented goodies found at Kirklands to make it smell wonderful, hurricane vase I've had for years and I filled with a bag of gourds found at Michael's


leaf garland - Target
pumpkin - Walmart with Home Depot gold metallic spray paint I did myself :)

a few wine bottles, some spray paint and some Dollar Tree pumpkins made my tablescape
chair covers - Dollar Tree

bouquet - Michael's a few years back

Harvest Blessings pumpkin - I want to say Home Depot, but I can't remember


Speaking of Autumn in the park, I cannot believe that this time next week I will be packing for my girls trip to New York City. Autumn in one of the worlds most amazing parks, count me in!

Seriously though, I am ecstatic I can barely contain myself. This weekend I sat around and watched old episodes of Sex and the City and any movie based out of New York just to catch glimpses and gets ideas of things to do.

With that being said, I will be out of town and was wondering if any one would be interested in doing a guest post while I'm in the big apple. If so, please email me, I'd love to collaborate.

xo

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger