To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

September 2, 2015

Life Lately

Before I get started with today's post, did you know that September is Childhood Cancer Awareness month? Click here to show your support for Little Warriors of St. Jude!
I am so blessed to wake up each morning with my health and the health of my family. I couldn't imagine having to deal with something as serious as cancer. Always keep families affected by cancer (or any health issues for that matter) in your prayers. 



Mama chicken had her bitties on Saturday and they are too precious! Cadence and I are absolutely smitten with the little brown ones because they look like they have leopard spots on them. 


I posted this picture on this day last year. I cannot wait to receive our magic bands for our upcoming 2016 Disney trip! It makes the trip seem so close once they come in the mail!


With Cadence winning the pageant, she is going to be in the local parade. We are glad she won for the obvious reasons, but Tarl was even more so because he wanted to put our golf cart in the parade. With that being said, how in the heck do you decorate a golf cart for a parade?

I've looked up tons of pictures online, but if you've had any experience with this, please let me know because we are stuck on ideas and don't want to spend a fortune buying decorations that are going to be used for one hour.


Tomorrow, Gamecock football starts. Tarl has been anticipating it's arrival for months so I know he's happy! I'm kinda excited about it too :)


Each night Cadence does her homework, and then she reads us a book. She has to read a minimum of 10 minutes each night, but some nights we go over that time limit just because she loves reading so much. I love that she loves to read. I encourage every one reading this blog post, who has children, let them read to you, or read to them if they can't yet. Trust me, they'll love it. Even if they lose interest, you are empowering their minds! Reading has helped Cadence memorize better, it has improved her writing, and each day she gets quicker and quicker with every book she reads.


This weekend is a 3 day weekend - woohoo!

Happy hump day!

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger