To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

September 14, 2015

weekend

First and foremost, I ask that each of you reading this keep my mom in  your prayers. She got admitted to the hospital last night. If you've been a reader of this blog than by now you know that she was diagnosed 4 years ago with COPD and every now and then her breathing issues just escalate bad enough to where she has to be admitted so they can monitor her and get her breathing under control.

//

Other than my mom going into the hospital last night, this weekend was actually a pretty good one. We attended a football game on Friday night and cheered on our home team. 

Ready for the game! In honor of September 11th, we were decked out in red, white and blue!
#neverforget #alwaysremember #unitedwestand #merica #herduckfacetho :)



Saturday afternoon we headed to my brother's home. His girlfriends family was in town, along with their newest family member, baby Cora. She is absolutely adorable and Cadence couldn't wait to get her hands on her. 


I mean, how precious is that?!

//

Well the week has finally arrived. My New York City girls trip is quickly approaching and I cannot wait to be there come Friday morning! So seriously week, you can go ahead and hurry it along.

xo


No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger