To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

September 1, 2015

Weekend | Autumn | S&T Tuesday


This weekend was great. As you know if you read blog posts last week, Cadence was in a pageant on Saturday. Each year in the pageant there are two titles. She won, one of the two titles, out of 9 girls!

Of course, all the girls were absolutely beautiful, but I'm partial, and my girl did great. It was the biggest number of girls she has ever competed against, and some of the girls were older than her so I was a nervous mama, but she did great, and brought home a win!



A lot of our family members were there cheering her on. Look at our pretty girl!


Okay, so I'm ecstatic, why?
Because goodbye August, hello Autumn!
It may not officially be Fall yet, but it's so very close! And to get you a little more in the mood, go take a look at all of the great Fall stuff I've been pinning recently.




...and because my most favorite time of the year is only 3 months away...



I've been pinning there too!


I finally got the wine bottles and plan to start on this:


How great is gold and white together! I'm so ready to make this as our dining table center piece. 


I'm loving this mantle. Those 'spooky' trees are perfect for when October rolls around and fall decorations start getting a bit spookier!

no original source found on Pinterest


Onto Show & Tell Tuesday. Link here to join.

Today's topic - Where were you on September 11, 2001?

I was in 10th grade in September of 2001. My 10th grade year was the only year I got home schooled and it just so happened that my granddaddy was in town that day, so mom gave me the day off so we could spend time with him. My brother, his (then) wife and their children were set to fly out later that day to Pennsylvania to visit her family there. Obviously they never made their flight once all air traffic got shut down. We are so blessed that they weren't on any of the earlier flights that took place that day, because if you remember correctly, one plane crashed in a Pennsylvania field.

Once the first plane hit we turned the news on and watched in horror. Seeing the 2nd plane heading towards the other tower, we were all screaming at the TV as if we could stop it by screaming louder and louder. We prayed together as a family and continued to watch the news throughout the day.

I'm blessed that my brother and his family were okay and although they were upset their vacation never happened, they were beyond blessed to had not been in the sky at that time.

On our trip to New York City that took place this past March, Ground Zero was one of our favorite spots. It truly takes your breath away to see it in person.

xo

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger