To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

September 4, 2015

Friday Faves



Not only is today Friday, but today is Friday and we have no school and no work to attend on Monday and that makes me one happy mama! This weekend we have plans to keep it pretty low key. Hang around our small town. Ride the golf cart. Maybe do a little outside fall decorating with some hay bales. Visit my sister. Visit my brother and his lady. Spend time with family, you know, the important stuff :)

IMG_8883

Onto Friday favorites. Link here to join.


Each year, around mid-July I start pinning away pretty fall things. Whether it be a delicious looking recipe or petty decor. Come August every day I see something fall related and start pinning to my little hearts desire. These two pins have been calling my name ever since I first saw them and I knew I wanted to re-create them for myself.

DIY fall centerpiece - PlaceOfMyTaste.com: DIY fall centerpiece - PlaceOfMyTaste.com

 :

My mother-in-law gave me some wine bottles, we had a spare board laying around in Tarl's shed. Some spray paint, some pumpkins and a few dollar store sparkly twigs later, it didn't turn out half bad.




How cute is that chalkboard? "I put a spell on you". I mean, so darn cute!
The chalk board was rather simple, but I didn't feel like going out and dropping $30 on a chalkboard, especially when my mother-in-law had this old wooden picture frame lying around.


White spray paint and some chalkboard paint later, voila...


I do love a DIY project! (fall decoration post coming soon!)

Tarl and I don't have a luxurious dream home front porch. Our porch is rather small and there's not much coverage from bad weather, but when the time comes and we have the porch we want, I cannot wait to tackle stacked pumpkins. I have so many pins with stacked pumpkins and your home address. I am smitten with how it looks! 

This large golden + blinged out street number pumpkin column with a  grand Autumn foliage arrangement at the base makes a HUGE impact on your home's curb appeal! (Ps. Love the doors): This large golden + blinged out street number pumpkin column with a  grand Autumn foliage arrangement at the base makes a HUGE impact on your home's curb appeal! (Ps. Love the doors)

10 Festive Ways to Decorate Your Porch for Fall - Front Door: 10 Festive Ways to Decorate Your Porch for Fall - Front Door

info@vitalmarketinginc.com (720) 583-1452 6825 E. Tennessee Ave Suite 675 Denver, CO 80224 http://vitalmarketinginc.com/ V.I.T.A.L. Marketing Solutions: info@vitalmarketinginc.com (720) 583-1452 6825 E. Tennessee Ave Suite 675 Denver, CO 80224 http://vitalmarketinginc.com/ V.I.T.A.L. Marketing Solutions

#swoon

For more fall ideas and endless recipes for Halloween, take a look at my Pinterest board.




While browsing through Michael's yesterday, I saw the cutest little hats for cats, and you now how much we love our cat and how much he probably hates us now because I bought him this little shark hat. Obviously we don't make him wear it all the time, but seriously, how cute is he?!


Y'all, he sat there like that the entire time until I took that thing off of him. Hah!


Last night, our Gamecocks played against North Carolina and won, granted it wasn't a great win, but like everyone says a W is a W so I'm sticking to that. 


New York is two weeks away. Two weeks!!! It's crazy to think that my sister and I planned this trip two and a half months ago and now it's so close I can almost taste those NYC croissants, hot mochas and of course, Juniors Cheesecake!


Happy Friday - xo

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger