To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

September 30, 2015

What's up?


join here


+I always look forward to reading other families menus. It gives me some great ideas, especially when you get used to the same ole dinners each week.

Monday - grilled chicken salad
Tuesday - salisbury steak served with mashed potatoes and gravy
Wednesday - spaghetti
Thursday - fish sticks (because sometimes you just have to keep it simple!)

+If you have a Facebook then I'm sure you've heard of Facebook memories. It's where it shows you what you were doing or posting about on this day years back. Well this week last year we were in Disney. So each FB memory from this week has been Disney related and it has me counting down the days until we can be back again!


I get to make our Disney dining reservations in the next couple weeks. I hope to snag every reservation we want. I'll be sure and post all about it :)

+I'm loving all of our fall decor in our yard and home. Every day when I pull in the yard I see pumpkins and hay and scarecrows and mums, and then when I walk in my house I smell pumpkin scented wax warmers and immediately get greeted by all our interior decorations. 
(if I get this excited about pumpkins, you should see me at Christmas!)

+It seems as though this answer repeats itself every month, but when school is in not much changes. Work, school, homework. However, this weekend we have our annual fall festival in town and Cadence is in the parade this year since she won the pageant last month. She's won pageants before but has always opted to watch the parade rather than be in it. This year she wants to be in it for the first time, so we were happy to oblige. 

+I'm dreading making our Disney reservations. Don't get me wrong. I love Disney and I love being able to get right into a restaurant by having a reservation, but a lot of times with Disney if you don't have a reservation you don't get in to eat, especially at the big ticket restaurants. Last year I got all the reservations we wanted. I hope to do the same this year. You just have to be persistent and get up early. Like 5:30am early because the reservation website opens at 6am. In this case, the early bird truly does get the worm.

+I've been working on Cadence's Halloween costume. I made Cadence's costume a few Halloween's ago rather than buy it. She wanted to be a witch and we just didn't care for any of the store bought ones, so I made one for her and she loved it! This year she wants to be a super hero, but all of the super hero costumes for girls just didn't really catch her eye. She told me what she was looking for and I started on it Monday night, I can't wait to see the final product!

+I'm so excited for Halloween! Annually we play fun games and eat dinner at my sisters house. Then we all go out trick-or-treating. Just a ton of fun! I actually started buying items for the scavenger hunt this week...can't wait!

+I've been loving Chasing Life. I started watching it from the very first season and the finale was actually on Monday. I also love Scandal, but then again I haven't met someone who doesn't.
I've been reading Food Network Magazine's October edition. I love all of the Halloween treats inside.

+I've been listening to old school stuff this week. Hanson. Britney. N'Sync. Backstreet Boys. 
Yeah, Tarl hates it :)

+In my opinion transitioning from Summer to Fall is difficult. Mornings here are crisp, but afternoons are still brutal so what do you wear without freezing in the morning and burning up by 2pm? I've been keeping it simple. Dresses with my fall boots. If it's chilly I'll throw on a cardigan and by the afternoon I can take it off and just wear the dress as is. It's simple and I love it, but I'm beyond ready for sweater weather!

+This weekend is my towns fall festival. I'm ready to see Cadence in the parade!

+Tomorrow is the start to my 2nd favorite holiday, Halloween. I'm ready to see decorations outside of peoples homes, snack on candy like they're vegetables and spend time with my little family.

+Not much around here. Other than preparing for Fall it's been the usual, work, school, homework, etc.

+My favorite Halloween tradition is going to my sisters house. We've done this since before Cadence was even born. I always host it, but we just do it at my sisters. I prepare scavenger hunts. We play games. We cook a big dinner for her family and mine. If my mom is felling up to it she'll tag a long and of course, she's always a hoot to be around. After dinner we go trick-or-treating and then we head back to their home. While we snack on candy we also hand it out to trick-or-treaters who come to the door. I love love love it! Even Tarl, a grown man looks forward to it and seeing Cadence enjoy it is great!



xo

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger