To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

September 28, 2015

weekend 70s style


Friday, after I got home from work, we got dressed and headed to the game. 
Couldn't help but snap this right before we left the house...


He is always hiding behind somewhere peeking through at us. Creeper cat!

It was 70s dress up day at school, and she wanted to wear it to the game too, so cute!


Can you believe I got that cute top she's wearing from Walmart? I wanted one in my size!

On Saturday we enjoyed a great date night at our favorite, The Melting Pot. 
This was us attempting to take a cute selfie...


I love that we are always making each other laugh. Seriously though, blurry pic and all, such a candid snapshot that I will hold dear in my heart forever. Love this man!

Gotta document a good hair night...
(this was before the humidity got to it!)


After dinner we rode around Savannah and spotted Savannah's tiniest house.
It truly is Savannah's tiniest house, isn't it just precious?


Yesterday we worked around the yard and decorated for Halloween both outside and inside.
I put up our fall decorations a couple weeks back, but as of yesterday we are officially ready for Halloween. Once we cleaned the house and yard, we got cleaned up ourselves and headed to Target to just enjoy a Starbucks and "window" shop.

Cadence loved the cotton candy frap...I mean loved it!


At first I thought she only liked it because of it's color, because let's be honest, what six year old girl doesn't like a pink drink? To my surprise though she drank that entire frap in no time. I tried it. It's a mixture of both vanilla and raspberry, but in all honesty it tasted just like a frozen mint drink. Too much mint for my taste but she loved it.

My new favorite is the java chip frappucino with caramel drizzle! I tried it for the first time yesterday after my sister told me about it and I cannot wait to go there for lunch today to get another one!
I may have to get the Vente size, it's that good!

If you like chocolate, do yourself a favor and try it!


That's basically it for the weekend. They always go by so quickly, don't they?
This week I am working on some more fall/halloween crafts. I'll be sure to share here.
I also plan to hand make Cadence's Halloween costume this year so I hope to start working on that as well. Back to work for me...






No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger