To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

September 16, 2015

Humpday Happenings

Unfortunately my mom did not get released from the hospital yesterday. In fact, her breathing has gotten worse, so please continue to keep her in your prayers for a speedy recovery, so she can get home soon!

//

Well today is my Thursday, tomorrow is my Friday, and Friday my sister and I are jetting off to the big apple. We have waited for this day ever since we talked about booking the trip, then we booked the trip and the countdown was on. The fact that it's finally here (essentially) is cray!

I am so ready to be back in the city!







See that tall building to the right, that is 432 Park and it's an apartment building. It's the tallest apartment building in all of New York and if I ever win the lottery, I'm buying an apartment in 432 Park. 

//

This morning my local bakery finally brought out their pumpkin cheesecake. I grabbed a slice as soon as I saw it. She smiled at me and said, just so you know we brought it out a couple weeks early, just for you. I was beaming from ear to ear and immediately texted Tarl because I know he loves it also and will have to stop by during lunch and grab himself a slice.

//

I've seen this meme before, but every time I see it I cannot help but laugh because it is so very true!

Because this only happens like 9,000 times a day: | 22 Disney Memes That Will Make You Laugh Every Time:

//

This week I won a free monogrammed shirt from a boutique online and couldn't believe it. I rarely win anything at random but was so happy when I did. 

I actually got something for myself this time rather than have a monogrammed shirt for Cadence. Just this once though ;)

//

xo

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger